(Yet another) Want to Buy thread... humor me :-)

Merit

Reaction score
So, I sort of spoiled myself... my first ukulele is a Pono concert that I got on trade-in. It is an AMAZING instrument, and I love it! BUT... UAS is setting in quickly... like after a week quickly :). However, being a mild-mannered pastor in my real life, budget is also an issue (a BIG issue).

So here's what I'm looking for:

~ bright and plucky tone (think traditional island feeling)
~ concert size (tenor gets a bit too deep for me, and 'soprano neck to tiny for giant fingers'... a super soprano or something would work too)
~ solid wood if at all possible (something other than mahogany... I want something different :))
~ hard case (I like my instruments safe)
~$350 would be about as far as I could stretch (it would take a funeral or two, but I could swing it. Not that I'd CAUSE the funeral mind you... )

I am more than happy to buy used if it has been taken care of.

As an added incentive, if your help is directly responsible to me getting my second ukulele, I promise to play the song of your choice on that uke DURING A CHURCH SERVICE and send you a video. ANY SONG. :rock:

~m

Last edited:
*slaps forehead* I knew I forgot something! And I tried so hard to be the informative, clear poster... dang... :).

I'll edit the original post right now, but $350 would be about as far as I could stretch (it would take a funeral or two, but I could swing it. Not that I'd CAUSE the funeral mind you... )

See, that's what I was THINKING of getting if I were to order a new one from MGM (I've already orders Aquillas from him, as well as bending his ear on the long necked sopranos). But I thought I would post here to see if anyone had a used uke or another suggestion.

I was taking a look at the Fleas, but by the time you put on a rosewood fingerboard... might as well buy a solid wood one. Now a USED flea or fluke... maybe... :)

If I go with the KPK, Big Balls it is. I'll even get someone to yell out "but we've got the biggest/balls of them all!" with me.

I was taking a look at the Fleas, but by the time you put on a rosewood fingerboard... might as well buy a solid wood one. Now a USED flea or fluke... maybe... :)
What's wrong with the non-rosewood one? You can get a Concert with a hardshell case for under $300

If I go with the KPK, Big Balls it is. I'll even get someone to yell out "but we've got the biggest/balls of them all!" with me.

That would be epic!!!!

What's wrong with the non-rosewood one? You can get a Concert with a hardshell case for under $300

Just tone difference. I know a lot of people say that the fretboard material makes very little difference, but the sound of a Flea/Fluke with the molded board is not my thing. In fact, the tone all together isn't my favorite, which is sort of why I'd get a used one. Of course, UAS will probably win out one day and I'll get one. :)

Man, I'm a spoiled rotten little child :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom