The bridge on my new KoAloha

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
Well, it's new to me anyway. Superconcert. Thanks MGM. Happy Birthday to me.

It is always nice when the family gets together for the Holidays!

Attachments

• Happy Birthday 016.jpg
    Happy Birthday 016.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Happy Birthday 004.jpg
    Happy Birthday 004.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Happy Birthday 007.jpg
    Happy Birthday 007.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Happy Birthday 006.jpg
    Happy Birthday 006.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Happy Birthday 001.jpg
    Happy Birthday 001.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 83
Nice family reunion! I didn't know you were such a KoAloha fan. Very nice. I am surprised you let the sceptre go.

Beautiful family indeed...............

I noticed you have a bluegrass cigar box back there. Just out of curiosity, how does it compare to the Koalohas, I guess in terms of playability and tone? I have a bluegrass, too, but have never had a chance to play a Koaloha.

Did you buy the superconcert recently? I thought I saw it on MGM's page a few days ago...I was sorely tempted but decided against it as I'm saving up for a Moore Bettah.

I noticed you have a bluegrass cigar box back there. Just out of curiosity, how does it compare to the Koalohas, I guess in terms of playability and tone? I have a bluegrass, too, but have never had a chance to play a Koaloha.

Good job spoting the Tom Guy CBU soupking. The neck is very similar in feel to the KoAlohas but that is where the similarity ends. The volume is half that of any of the Koalohas, but the sound is wonderful. I put a MiSi in it and play it amplified. It is strung low G and always brings a smile to my face when I play it. It is like an old, comfortable pair of jeans.

Did you buy the superconcert recently? I thought I saw it on MGM's page a few days ago...I was sorely tempted but decided against it as I'm saving up for a Moore Bettah.

Yes Nuprin, I did get it from MGM. It arrived just today. Not too many of these crown bridges around, as you know. When you see a nice one at a fair price, you have to pounce.

BTW, stay the course saving for that MB. Good things do come to those who wait

Very nice! I really like the uke stands and your music stand. Where'd you get them?

Thanks itsme, I made them. I am a cabinet/furniture maker by trade. The spalted maple uke inlays on the music stand double as my avatar.:)

Soooo jealous! I saw that on MGM's ebay page and "nearly" pulled the trigger. Came back a few minutes later and it was gone. Good for you! Bad for me :( hehe...

Thanks itsme, I made them. I am a cabinet/furniture maker by trade. The spalted maple uke inlays on the music stand double as my avatar.:)

dk, if you ever make any of those uke stands for sale please let me know. Those stands are a work of art just as KoAlohas are.

love the new addtion as well.

Nice family reunion! I didn't know you were such a KoAloha fan. Very nice. I am surprised you let the sceptre go.

Only because it was a concert rem50, and I prefer the tenor scale. You've got a good one there, as you know.

I wondered who that went to... glad is was to someone from our UU family. I recently got one almost identical, except mine doesn't have an end pin. Or is that a jack for a pickup?

I wondered who that went to... glad is was to someone from our UU family. I recently got one almost identical, except mine doesn't have an end pin. Or is that a jack for a pickup?

I knew that you picked up the one that was on ebay, Gmoney. What do you think?

That is a strap button, not a pickup. Since the button was already there, I might go ahead and throw a MiSi on it. Although it has plenty of volume without a pickup.

Shin and pithaya9, thanks for the kind words about my stands. No plans at this point to make any more, but if I do, I will keep you in mind.

Congrats on snagging the concert Koaloha, especially with a crown bridge. Now you still need to acquire that white sceptre. :p

Top Bottom