New uke day!!!!

I've gotten the same one yesterday :p

minus the fancy headstock decal as its a harley benton but same hardware and everything :p

I gave my friend a pink Makala Dolphin! :D

I think a new virus has been spread. It's called.. The UGS (Ukulele Giveaway Syndrome) OR the UDS (Ukulele Distribution Syndrome)..Uh oh.

I've gotten the same one yesterday :p

minus the fancy headstock decal as its a harley benton but same hardware and everything :p

Awesome! I wanted the Rosewood 100 series, but they didn't have it, so I picked this one cause it looks so cool!

I think a new virus has been spread. It's called.. The UGS (Ukulele Giveaway Syndrome) OR the UDS (Ukulele Distribution Syndrome)..Uh oh.

It's a good virus to have, no? :D I've yet to change the strings to Aquilas for her though!

Aloha YTMR,
Congrats n your new Eleuke...Have fun and enjoy!! Happy strummings and Have a Happy New Year!! MM Stan..

Hi, I got my Rosewood 100 series today. So happy with it. It came with Aquilas fitted and the action all set up nicely.

What amp are you using/going to use?

Hi, I got my Rosewood 100 series today. So happy with it. It came with Aquilas fitted and the action all set up nicely.

Congrats to you! :D I'm still doing my research, so I'm still playing it just with headphones, which is how I'm going to play it most of the time anyway :)

I got a jazz cutaway Eleuke a few weeks ago and I was playing it through a Roland Bass Micro Cube RX, but yesterday I got a little Orange Micro 3W amp to set on the book shelf by my desk and the Eleuke sounds great through it! Super small (about 6" square and 3" deep) but perfect for jamming by myself.

The Orange Crush Micro really does have a good mojo with ukes. I have that for portable purposes, but a Vox Da-5 for at-home. I'll get a propa acoustic amp, something better than the one I used to have, when I get a propa uke with a propa pickup in it.

The Orange Crush Micro really does have a good mojo with ukes. I have that for portable purposes, but a Vox Da-5 for at-home. I'll get a propa acoustic amp, something better than the one I used to have, when I get a propa uke with a propa pickup in it.

Yeah - the Crush is a sweet little thing. Unfortunately it wouldn't work with my UBass which has a passive pickup (had a major hum). Worked fine with the Eleuke and it's active pickup though. I put the UBass through a small preamp and then it worked fine with the Crush (though of course it would be easy to overdrive the dinky speaker in the Crush with this setup!) In the end I decided to return the Crush and the preamp. What's the point of a tiny speaker if it doesn't work with all my ukes without adding on more gadgets?

I decided instead to rearrange my workspace so I can put my MicroCube Bass RX next to me instead. It works great with both ukes and it sounds phenomenal. I've got to say here that I love Amazon. I've been a Prime member for years and they make it soooo easy to try out new equipment and return it if you decide it isn't for you. Too cool.

So there is such a thing as a portable bass amp. The smallest one my husband could find that would do some justice to the lowest string was still over 30W and at least a 12" speaker. It's a Peavey something-or-other and way more than an apartment living room needs.

I'll tell him Good News! (and he'll ask if it's about the Dacia Sandero) - there's a portable bass amp. Bad news: It's a Roland. He _hates_ Roland. Don't know why, he just does.

So there is such a thing as a portable bass amp. The smallest one my husband could find that would do some justice to the lowest string was still over 30W and at least a 12" speaker. It's a Peavey something-or-other and way more than an apartment living room needs.

I'll tell him Good News! (and he'll ask if it's about the Dacia Sandero) - there's a portable bass amp. Bad news: It's a Roland. He _hates_ Roland. Don't know why, he just does.

He could always go try one of the (hated) Rolands at a Guitar Center or something. It really has nice sound and it runs on batteries (great for portability) or on AC. And they include the AC adapter which so many products do not. I bought mine at Sweetwater.com since they include a 2-year warranty instead of the manufacturers 1 year.

I love all the sound settings on it since I wanted a few effects but didn't want to have to buy pedals and all that stuff. Just today I spent some time playing with the reverb and chorus. Makes my playing sound very cool even though I'm just messing around. My Eleuke sounds great on it too so it works fine for non-bass instruments as well. KamakOzzie and cb56 were really helpful with the bass and amp info which was great since I'm a complete newbie. Hope your husband finds a home amp he likes that is smaller than the Peavey! Or maybe you can use it as an end table...

[Awesome band name by the way Plainsong - we LOVED the Battlestar series. I'm ready to watch the whole thing again soon.]

One more thing about the Roland MicroCube Bass: while it's small for a bass amp it isn't exactly tiny. Not like the Orange Micro Crush. The Roland is about 11x11x8 and weighs about 12lbs. The Micro Crush is a fraction of that (6x6x3, weighs about 2lbs). I guess since I've never worked with amps the Roland seems big to me but to a musician who plays through an amp all the time it would seem pretty darn small. Ironically it's now sitting on my gigantic HSU Research subwoofer/end table.

Top Bottom