Sound Change on Lanikai LU-21C

mendel

Reaction score
The pastfew days I have noticed that my Uke sounds less twangy and offensive. It is sounding more and more bubbly and pleasing. I've read about the instruments opening up over time, but this is an entry level Uke. It is not a solid wood. Can this still happen? On the bright side, if it isn't the Uke, maybe I'm just getting a little bit better!!! Lol.

Mendel

You are definitely getting better:)
DAP

Probably getting better. Also, those come with Aquila NylGut strings and they tend to change character a bit with humidity - so maybe the humidity is up a little where you are?

John

Ummm, that happened with my Lanikai Lu-11. I think it is finding that "sweet" spot and maybe hitting the chords more evenly. I have a new concert (I am used to soprano's) and in the morning it sings prettily but at night when I am tired it doesn't sound as nice. I think I strum it more over the sound hole when I am tired and I hit the sweet spot when I am rested.

So your getting better! Yea! How is your baby boy doing?
Roxhum

Baby is in my arms as I type this, and he is incredible!! Maybe you're right about the sweet spot. Who knows!?!?!? Either way, I am happy

Top Bottom