kala travel soprano alternative stringing?

pondweed

Reaction score
tried a search to see what others have been trying as alternatives to Aquilas, but surprising little on file here or on web...
Anyone able to give reports on anything else?

Not a Soprano, but I put Orca's on my Travel Concert & liked them. Also tried a set of Fremont Blackine's - I liked both of them but sold it later to go toward another uke.

I have some Worth Clears on my travel soprano and much prefer the sound to the Aquilas that were on there when I got it. In fact I have pretty much decided that worth are my favourite ukulele strings and have strung them on all but the cheapest ukuleles.

I just sold mine but found that the Aquilas that it came with sounded harsh to me. As the only store in my area that stocks ukuleles is the music store I work at, I bought the only soprano strings we have in stock...Daddario J65s. I like it better than the Aquilas but I'm sure there's a better choice out there. I ended up getting a Flea for Christmas so I decided I didn't need the Kala.

I use Martin Fluorcarbons on my dolphin and they work great.. they are available at bestbuy and guitar center....

May I ask which weight they are - Light/Med/Tenor...?

I have Worth Clear Medium's on there right now and they are great. I had some Worth Brown light's on there for a while and the lighter tension was nice for D tuning. The brown strings also look great on that uke. But really I think the CM strings are the best match on that ukulele - especially for C tuning.

Top Bottom