Kiwaya on the way..

pdxuke

Reaction score
Well friends, I've finally chosen my quality modern mahogany soprano to add to my vintage instruments: KIWAYA KTS-4

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think this is gonna be a keeper. Sold and set up by MGM.

But as a result, I'm re-shuffling the deck. Two good ukes FS at the marketplace.

Happy New Year to Me!

Aloha Thom,
Congrats on your New Kiwaya...Have fun and enjoy....looks so sweet...Happy Strummings and Have a Happy New Year....thanks for sharing! MM Stan..

Thom--you are gonna love this uke. I have a KTS-6 and KTS-7 and can't imagine that I would ever part with either of them.

I'm considering getting a KTS-7.

You're gonna love it pdxuke. I had one that I sold only because I decided the soprano scale is not for me. Light, loud, and beautifully crafted. Enjoy

I have a KTS-4 and it's my favorite uke. .Great sound, perfectly put together, a beautiful uke. I'm really lusting for a KTS-7.

I had a KTS-4 and loved it, but unfortunately I'm plagued by vanity and aesthetically it was too plain for me. I loved the lightness and volume of it, though! I want to get a KTS-7 if my UAS ever returns full-force.

I'm thinking it will compliment the vintage ukes I have. I love my Ohana SK 35 but I wanted another all wood modern instrument that had a great build. Wouldn't you know it-- 'twas Ken Middleton's review of the KTS4 that sealed the deal (and MGMs price and service.)

I notice in your signature that you have a KS-1 as well. Any thoughts or comments on this uke?

That uke looks really nice. I didnt even know about that make silly me.

I notice in your signature that you have a KS-1 as well. Any thoughts or comments on this uke?

Yes: it's the best non-wood (I'm really not sure what it is--some space age laminate:confused:) I've ever, EVER heard. It sounds like an all wood instrument to my ears. It has the sustain you would expect from a solid, it is light as a feather, it is elegant and simple, beautifully built, and it has the endurance ( read "bomb proof" ) of a laminate. It is the uke I grab walking around the house. Pound for pound, if i were looking for one uke and it had to be able to travel well and stand up to climate changes AND sound great, this is the one. Highly recommend it!

Top Bottom