santa left his sack behind...

H

Hippie Dribble

hi all

after the dust had cleared on Boxing Day morning, I noticed that santa had left his sack behind. When I opened it up to have a peek, this fell out...

DSCF4921.jpgDSCF4932.jpg

...a Collings UC-2.

Specs:

Top / Adirondack Spruce
Back, Sides, Neck / Honduran Mahogany
Purfling / Rope Binding
Ebony headstock overlay, Fretboard and Bridge
4-to-1 Gear Ratio Tuning Pegs
Custom Western Shaded Top
Grained Ivoroid bound body
Full Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish

It's gorgeous and sounds as beautiful as it looks. :)

Aloha Eugene,
She's a beaut alright, congrats and Happy New Year to you Brother.............

Simply Lovely

Sound sample required, if you have the means. I would if I could. Beautiful, congratulations.

Aloha PFC Eugene, USMC...

Sirrrprise Sirrrprise Sirrprise .....golleee....sure is the purtiest thang I I've ever seen....You must have been extra good this year...
May I dare ask...who did ya buy it from???? congratulations and have fun and enjoy!!! Can I borrow it for maybe the next 50 years???he he
Thanks For sharing...Happy New Year!! Bruddah.... MM Stan

Sound sample required, if you have the means. I would if I could. Beautiful, congratulations.

hi ADD

were I able to, I'd do it and post a sound clip in an instant. So frustrating being technologically illiterate. To describe: it just has such a well rounded tone that I've always hoped for in a concert uke. Rersponds well to heavier attack, and is nice and crisp at the high end without being harsh. It's a really sweet, bright sound, but warm as all heck underneath. I'm just so happy. Intonation is what you'd expect from a Collings. It's got aquilas on it now but I'm gonna try a few and see what fits her the best. I'm thinking worth clears next. I'll record some sound comparisons between some of my ukes and post you a disc mate. That about the best I can do re sound samples.

How could he leave it at the bottom..It was suppose to be on top of the pile!

I think he was being cagey Lexxy, saving it for himself bruddah. I think it went pear shaped for him when he turned to go back up the chimney and he couldn't fit through with the case as well :)

Aloha PFC Eugene, USMC...

Sirrrprise Sirrrprise Sirrprise .....golleee....sure is the purtiest thang I I've ever seen....You must have been extra good this year...
May I dare ask...who did ya buy it from???? congratulations and have fun and enjoy!!! Can I borrow it for maybe the next 50 years???he he
Thanks For sharing...Happy New Year!! Bruddah.... MM Stan

aloha bruddah Stan

thanks for the kind words mate. She truly is a ripper. Sounds better than I even imagined. Always a massive risk buying on a hunch and a hope. But I feel very blessed, for sure. Mate, I reckon we could work out a bit of a long-distance swap some time. I'd love to try out one of your beauties....I bought it from Artisan Guitars in Nashville. The guys were awesome and the turnover time was less than a week. Unbelievable. Was a little worried about the spruce top making it too bright, but it has such a well balanced tone. Rings like a bell. Cheers mate and happy new year to you too!

I should add I'm jealous. haha.

I had a chance to buy a Collings. I bought 2 other ukes and I'm thrilled with what I got but I knew I'd always also be kicking myself.

Lucky You!!

Big congrats to you Jon. Nice score. Beautifully crafted,ehh? I knew you wouldn't be disapointed.

Dang! THAT'S where he left that one! I KNOW that he was supposed to leave that one at MY house! I'll PM you my address so you can promptly send it my way to help Santa out! :)

That's a beauty!

Holy Toledo EE, what a little beaut!!! Pshaw, your gonna have a lot to live up to in twenty eleven.

:) :) :)

hi all

after the dust had cleared on Boxing Day morning, I noticed that santa had left his sack behind. When I opened it up to have a peek, this fell out...

View attachment 18896View attachment 18897

...a Collings UC-2.

Specs:

Top / Adirondack Spruce
Back, Sides, Neck / Honduran Mahogany
Purfling / Rope Binding
Ebony headstock overlay, Fretboard and Bridge
4-to-1 Gear Ratio Tuning Pegs
Custom Western Shaded Top
Grained Ivoroid bound body
Full Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish

It's gorgeous and sounds as beautiful as it looks. :)

Hey eugene.. beautiful UKE for sure! wow.. Adirondack Spruce eh? I think you need to sent hat wood back to it's rightful owner.. ME! HA HA... We have got to get you a you tube lesson.. register and press record and upload.. give it a whirl.. We all want to see your smiling face jamming on all these ukes you have.
Take care and enjoy.. sure hope you are on a day off now.. otherwise it must be hard to go to work!

Big congrats to you Jon. Nice score. Beautifully crafted,ehh? I knew you wouldn't be disapointed.

Hey dk

Cheers mate. And yeah, it's your fault bruddah. When you posted those picks a couple of weeks back of that amazing Collings tenor of yours, whatever weak resistance there was just drained away!!! I was a goner. Couldn't even wait another month for NAMM! Bill Collings work is amazing. So very happy mate, over the moon actually. Sounds just incredible. And so easy on the eyes...

Top Bottom