New Years Grateful

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I think its been 7 months since I started to try and learn to play the blues chord progressions on the ukulele.

I am smitten with the instrument.

I take it everywhere.

I open up a page of anything and just try it.

I read a sentence or a paragraph in a book and I'll then spend 1/2 hour or so noodling the topic I just read.

I even like tuning my uke (because it really makes me want to keep playing when its in tune)

That is all this thread is about.

I really appreciate this instrument.

Aloha Frank,
Your avatar says it all...already...Happy Strummings and May you and your family Have a Happy New Year and get what you wish for most!!!! MM Stan..

Preaching to the choir here...:music:

I appreciate and second your sentiments.

Happy New Year and keep uke'in',

I'm right there with you. This instrument opened up the world of music for me. Happy New Year!

I think this is a thread we can all understand.

Thank you for sharing that. I can dig it!
DAP

Nice positive thread :) I owe the uke for introducing me to music.. I always thought that it just wasnt in my nature. ha I know what you mean about looking into topics.. whatever I'm into I seem to over analyse and research to death.. Find it immeasurably interesting though so will never change! Tuning I find is close to zen for me in my uke world, as a relative newbie I find tuning the strings and my ears a simple but wholesome activity... glad its not just me! Plus having had a few dodgy years, the first few weeks of uke ownership put more smiles on my face than I can remember.. and keeps me smiling now. Thanks ukulele

I owe some people some pics. (and videos) but first some pics.

This is me acting goofy because my wife took so damned long to take the picture. I suppose she was waiting for the right opportunity to capture reality without all the posing.

The Asian ruins of Laos. Can you spot the 2 in the picture?

DSC00193.jpg

Me and the wife doing drivethru karma.

DSC00216.jpg

And yes, I am participating in the UU Biggest Loser weight loss challenge. So, consider these the befores.

Now to work on Beergeek's pics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom