Just dropped in...

euchre

Reaction score
Howdy folks. Been gone for a while so I'm just dropping in to say hello. I haven't played much uke in the past year, but I've been playing a LOT of acoustic guitar and I think I can thank the uke and this forum for re-sparking my interest in that.

I did play my first "gig" on uke last week at my wife's pre-K class holiday party. Nothing like playing Frosty, Jingle Bells and Rudolph for 18 discerning 4/5 year olds and their parents. I'm already booked for next year's celebration.

What have I missed? Is Hoosierhiver having his shindig again this coming year?

tom

...to see what condition my condition is in.

Sorry, couldn't resist, and anyone under age fifty is probably going "huh?" :)

John

Aloha Tom,
Welcome back and hope this rekindles your ukulele passion...Have Fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings and Have a happy New Year...MM Stan..

I'm with your OldePhart! And, Yes!... I've managed to work up a serious version of Inagaddadavida (Iron Butterfly) on my uke. Always a hit at partys... especailly after everyone has been drinking for several hours! I have a couple of Doors tunes that work well with same crowd... "People Are Strange" is a particular favorite! :)

Oh yaaa... being a DFW dude (I'm an NTSU alum) you'll love this one... I do a scaled back version of Bubble Puppy's Hot Smoke and Sassafras! You gotta know that lick!!!

Howdy folks. Been gone for a while so I'm just dropping in to say hello. I haven't played much uke in the past year, but I've been playing a LOT of acoustic guitar and I think I can thank the uke and this forum for re-sparking my interest in that.

I did play my first "gig" on uke last week at my wife's pre-K class holiday party. Nothing like playing Frosty, Jingle Bells and Rudolph for 18 discerning 4/5 year olds and their parents. I'm already booked for next year's celebration.

What have I missed? Is Hoosierhiver having his shindig again this coming year?

tom

I thought I recognized the name. Welcome back to da Underground. UWC 2011

I'm with your OldePhart! And, Yes!... I've managed to work up a serious version of Inagaddadavida (Iron Butterfly) on my uke. Always a hit at partys... especailly after everyone has been drinking for several hours! I have a couple of Doors tunes that work well with same crowd... "People Are Strange" is a particular favorite! :)

Well, at the risk of further hijacking the thread...Inagaddadavida was great - took me years to find the original album, then a roommate stole all my albums when I was in the AF. :( Love the Doors, too.

Oh yaaa... being a DFW dude (I'm an NTSU alum) you'll love this one... I do a scaled back version of Bubble Puppy's Hot Smoke and Sassafras! You gotta know that lick!!!

There's something I haven't heard mentioned in years. I only dimly remember it (I'm not a native Texan, the job transplanted me here eighteen years ago - holy cow, it's hard to believe it's been that long now!)

g'day Tom

and welcome back brother. Glad you have gotten into the guitar again too. There's room for the occasional play of the guitar, eh! Too much music is not enough, that's my motto.

And congrats on the gig with your wife's pre-kinder class. Awesome fun singing and playing with young children. Their responses are so honest aren't they! Toddler cred, not easy to get...:)

Happy new year mate and hope to see you round the boards more often

Top Bottom