"My Canary has Circles Under His Eyes" on banjo uke

I like it, definitely carries the 20's vibe with it. Good job!

Aloha John,
Nice and sweet old timey touch...thanks for sharing..Happy New year..MM Stan..

loooooove that song brother John. Fantastic job again mate. Keep em coming, please. Some seriously nice whistling in there too... :)

I loved it! Do you have the music/chords for that song? Share please. I love the old ones. I need more coffee this morning. I tried to scroll across the screen to get a closer look at the painting on the wall in the background.
Roxhum

Thanks, everyone! The chords and lyrics are here - http://www.scorpex.net/Uke/songs/My_Canary_Has_Circles_Under_His_Eyes.pdf

You'll notice I'm playing in D tuning, so I'm not using the chord positions that are outlined in the link.

Also - the Verse isn't in the link. That's pretty simple:

[C] Mr. Pressman, [D7]I've got news, [G7] you can print it [C] if you choose

[D7] It shows you how the [G7] times have changed a [C] lot [G7]

[C] Although it may seem [D7] strange to you, [G7] it is abso [C] lutely true,

[D7] You can believe it, [G7] or not. [G+]

And then just launch into the refrain. I don't have the original sheet music so I don't know the actual order of sections in the refrain, but there appears to be enough for three separate refrains from all the recordings I've heard and you'll note that there are two extra couplets in Richard G's lyric sheet.

Have fun with it!

Time for a CD, don't you think? Great voice, whistling, and playing. Mandy Patinkin-esque.

That was great:vibe, playing and singing! Thanks,

DAP

That is fantastic! Great song, great singing, great performance. I think the next step is a vintage suit, a bowtie, and a tub of Brilliantine, then off to uptown cocktail lounges - you'll knock em dead.

Top Bottom