Kohala Uke Problems

Jakeyboo

Reaction score
Hey guys, i got a Kohala Standard Ukulele from guitar center for Christmas. I try to tune it, and it doesnt hold it's tune. When i try to play a note, it barely even makes a tune. Should i just get new strings, or do i need to do something else.

Thanks,
Jake.

Yes new strings would sound good.

And about the not holding it's tune..Try tightening the tuner screws?

Tuner screws are the..Screws on the tuners (Sorry i don't know how to explain better hahaha)

How tight are the strings - you might be trying to tune it an octave too high...

Aloha Jale,
Welocome to the UU and the forums and the ukulele..congrats on your new Kohala...I am almost positive that your ukulele is new and the strings are too...You need to wait until the string strech out and break in.
You can tune it and bend each string from side to side 3-4 times then retune...do the process 3-4 daily each day until the strings have streched out and broken in..another thing, Buy yourself an digital clip chromatic tuner it will make tuning easier and less fustrating...plus they are deadly accurate and fast...mine is a Cherub WSt 550C...google it...on line it is $15.99 be sure to get it...Good Luck! MM Stan..

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for responding

I will be sure to get new strings when i get the chance, and thanks on the advice on the electronic tuner.

Aloha,
Jake.

Top Bottom