As 2010 year's end draws near, What did you end up with?

kissing

Reaction score
*EDIT* I MEAN 2010 >_< !@#! I blame UAS !! I would appreciate it if any member of staff would be so kind to edit the title to 2010 please ~

Hehe 2 ukes arrived today : )
Blue Eleuke bought from a UU member (thanks Chuck!) and a new 8-string strat Uke (DGBE, DG strings octave tuned)..

Darn these are fun!!
The 8 string's killing my fingers, but it sounds so rich : D
P311210_1320.jpg

And I thought, since 2010 draws to an end, I should take a group photo while I have all the ukes I'll have for a while (my dad says... "If any more ukes arrive, I'm gonna go ahead and donate them away!").

Maybe its an indicator you have too many ukes if you have trouble fitting them into one photo.

Acoustics
P311210_1327.jpg

Legacy Baritone, Oscar Schmidt OU5CCE (acoustic electric baritone), Kala KA-CE (acoustic electric concert), Mahalo Les Paul acoustic electric, Mahalo UK220E acoustic electric (It's in an unplayable state, but still part of the family for photos I guess)

Electrics
P311210_132302.jpg

8 String Baritone Strat, Risa Les Paul style Tenor (DGBE tuning), Risa Electric Tenor (DGBE tuning), Tenor Eleuke (GCEA)

And here's an attempt to cram them into one photo:
P311210_133003.jpg

So where has 2010 left you with ukes.
It left me sicker than ever with UAS >_<!!!

Last edited:
Ah sorry, I was suffering the symptom of UAS that causes you to forget what year you're living in >_< Oops!!

I ended up with a Moore Bettah. I've had it for 2 months and it's starting to open up. Wow! Best item of the year for me. May as well sleep through 2011. I'm cured.

*EDIT* I MEAN 2010 >_< !@#! I blame UAS !! I would appreciate it if any member of staff would be so kind to edit the title to 2010 please

Done, it now reads 2010. :)

This year wasn't the wild acquire and dispose year that 2009 was. I really learned what I like and have stuck with it. I did dispose of a Lanikai LK-1S, and I acquired a concert mahogany Eleuke. That leaves me with three, plus a wallhanger with Jake's signature: Kanile'a K1 Soprano, Koloa mahogany Soprano, and Eleuke mahogany. That's it!

I just received my new Pono today!

Let me think... In January I got a '20s Mouna Loa koa soprano with rope binding. In February, I got a Martin S-O soprano. In March, I got my late '20s or early '30s Martin Style 2. In May, I got a Flea and a Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple. In August, I got my '50s Martin Style 1. In September I got a Mainland mahogany soprano with Mi-Si pickup. And in December I got a cool green Harmony with a canoe and palm trees stenciled on it. Wow... when I look at it that way, I seem to have a major problem!
In 2011, I want some sort of custom soprano, something that looks like a Martin Style 3 (could be the custom, or could be a Kiwaya KTS-7... or if I'm lucky, an ACTUAL Martin Style 3!), and a banjo uke. That's all I can think of. I guess if the right Martin Style 0 came up... or a Gibson...

In January, i bought a Martin 3C. In April, I bought a Kamaka pineapple soprano. In May, I bought a Moore Bettah concert. In September, I bought a Ko'olau soprano S-1. And Santa brought me a Moore Bettah soprano for Christmas. I've got a problem. Next year I sell the ones I don't play.

Let me think... In January I got a '20s Mouna Loa koa soprano with rope binding. In February, I got a Martin S-O soprano. In March, I got my late '20s or early '30s Martin Style 2. In May, I got a Flea and a Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple. In August, I got my '50s Martin Style 1. In September I got a Mainland mahogany soprano with Mi-Si pickup. And in December I got a cool green Harmony with a canoe and palm trees stenciled on it. Wow... when I look at it that way, I seem to have a major problem!
In 2011, I want some sort of custom soprano, something that looks like a Martin Style 3 (could be the custom, or could be a Kiwaya KTS-7... or if I'm lucky, an ACTUAL Martin Style 3!), and a banjo uke. That's all I can think of. I guess if the right Martin Style 0 came up... or a Gibson...

I don't know... sounds like a good year to me!
–Lori

In January, i bought a Martin 3C. In April, I bought a Kamaka pineapple soprano. In May, I bought a Moore Bettah concert. In September, I bought a Ko'olau soprano S-1. And Santa brought me a Moore Bettah soprano for Christmas. I've got a problem. Next year I sell the ones I don't play.

If you feel the need to relieve your guilt, I would be happy to find a good home for any of these ukes. Just trying to be helpful...

–Lori

Top Bottom