First US extreme build location and date

Darn, was hoping it would be in Chicago. Will probably have to wait and see where the next one will be.

Chicago will be penciled in for the summer depending on the LA response - there is still some major planning to do there.

The logistics for these things is monumental, It first starts with a workshop - an offer from a UU subscriber to host the show in LA with a workshop big enough was too good to pass up so we are floating the boat now. Apart from the EB I intend to do a blues ukulele workshop with a short concert after and a couple of evening building masterclasses for those who can't do the EB - one on three dimensional carving, the neck build and another on setting and tuning up your uke for optimum performance. I will also be offering my build demonstrators for sale so there will be two playable but not 'finished' tenors available at half retail price. If anyone wants a one-on-one week with me mentoring in their workshop while I am in the US please contact me so I can see if I can extend my stay. Cost is $150 a day plus accomodation.

I talked with Pete this morning. Nearly had to use an interpreter, but we made each other understand. The Spring date is not finalized, but we're looking at the week after Easter. We will be using my new shop (West Hills Wood) next door to Guitar Merchant in Canoga Park (home of the Canogahana Players!). Easy to find, plenty of room, and Pete Howlett.

Class size is limited because of Pete's ability to assist each participant. Contact him directly (PM or use the email he provided above) for cost, etc. We will be building tenors.

Dates on the LA Extreme Build are set at May 23rd - 25 followed by May 26th - 28th. Two classes, three days each. Take one or both! You will leave with a completed tenor ukulele built under the watchful eye of Pete Howlett. Contact Pete directly to let him know you'll be there.

Has cost been announced? I emailed Pete when the thread was started but haven't heard anything back yet.

Sorry for the delay - organising this and working out the costs is an ongoing task. Please be patient. I have had the added logistical problem of having to re-arrange an internship with my Finnish student... On Monday Harold and I should have sorted out the copy and be able to publish details on the website. In the meantime consult my YouTube channel here and here for an idea of how the extreme build works and looks.

Top Bottom