Ukulele Trends For 2011 ? Predictions?

cletus

Reaction score
Any predictions for the ukulele world in the coming year? Will the uke continue to grow in popularity? Will ukulele prices go up? Will the banjo uke be a "hot new trend"? Will there be a cure for UAS?
What else can you think of happening?

:eek:ld:

I heard Kamakas are going up in price next year.

• Ukes will continue to grow in popularity.
  • New laminates, with better tone, will start to be used.
  • We will see the introduction of the "super-supranino" - the only uke small enough to be both held, and played, in one hand.
  • The first plastic uke made from recycled milk cartons will be unveiled

my predictions are the uke will continue to grow in popularity and the begginer ukes will carry on improving. I also hope that these bamboo ukes get popular since i am intrested in a tenor one.

Martin will come out with a good uke
Bamboo is used more
Banjo ukes will be the craze (thanks to mainland making them awesome)
More really cheap ukes will surface that should be used more for fire wood than played and cost just under $100

More really cheap ukes will surface that should be used more for fire wood than played and cost just under $100

I'm afraid you're going to be right about this. Sigh.

Mine is probably more of a wish list item than a trend, but what I'd like to see is for American public schools to have music as a part of the curriculum again, and for the ukulele to be integral to how it is taught, a la Langley. That can happen, right? Right??

• We will see the introduction of the "super-supranino" - the only uke small enough to be both held, and played, in one hand.

Nicely done!

:eek:ld:

I'm afraid you're going to be right about this. Sigh.

Mine is probably more of a wish list item than a trend, but what I'd like to see is for American public schools to have music as a part of the curriculum again, and for the ukulele to be integral to how it is taught, a la Langley. That can happen, right? Right??

That would be great!
–Lori

someone will make a soprano ukulele that will be pretty good for under a $100, then when the vibe gets going will up the price.

Oh and there will be another hit song featuring a ukulele.

We will see the introduction of the "super-supranino" - the only uke small enough to be both held, and played, in one hand.

Pops KoAloha already did this.

I predict that the used 'ukulele market will flourish and used 'uke prices will drop. Much like those treadmills, etc., that people get for XMas, then don't want. I'll get a Flea for <$100.

Spots said:
We will see the introduction of the "super-supranino" - the only uke small enough to be both held, and played, in one hand.

Pops KoAloha already did this.

Hmmmm, I think I need to rename mine then because I think Pops' was a sopranino with a longer neck, which is the opposite of what I see.

I predict the nano-sopranino will be introduced.

1. A clever marketing firm will use an ukulele in an ad campaign!

2. A clever marketing firm will not use an ukulele in an ad campaign!

~Michael

Hmmmm, I think I need to rename mine then because I think Pops' was a sopranino with a longer neck, which is the opposite of what I see.

I predict the nano-sopranino will be introduced.

I think Ingrate was referring to this one:

I agree with Hoosierhiver...The dollar is very weak against all currencies. I am getting my butt kicked living in Japan.

1. A clever marketing firm will use an ukulele in an ad campaign!

2. A clever marketing firm will not use an ukulele in an ad campaign!

~Michael

You got all bases covered. You'll be at least 50% right.

Predictions:

Ukulele sales will continue to grow and expand.
Prices will increase on ukuleles in general but there will be the introduction of many new lower end ukuleles to counteract the price increase.
Ukuleles will sneak even more into the mainstream of popular culture.

I'm gonna agree with more bamboo ukuleles, and another hit song coming out with a ukulele.

More bamboo and other sustainable materials will be next the next ukulele in 2011, at least I could hope!

I agree that ukuleles will continue to increase in popularity. I think it will work its way into more mainstream music, especially if there are more quality ukuleles with pickups and preamps.

What I hope to see is...

...the next generation picking up the ukulele and having it become a backpack instrument that is carried everywhere.

John

Top Bottom