Ukulele For Dummies book this summer

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Oh man, I am so excited!! I saw that there is supposed to be a "Ukulele for Dummies" book coming out this summer. According to this image, it is being written by the UkuleleHunt website creator.
047097799X.jpg

I saw it is only listed on the UK Amazon site right now so I emailed Uke Hunt to find out when it will be released and if it will be on the US Amazon site as well. Of course, like a doofus I didn't analyze the Amazon info closely or I would have seen the date of June 24, 2011 listed. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...Code=shr&camp=3194&creative=21330&tag=ukhu-21

I'm a big fan of Uke Hunt, and I already bought one of his ebooks (the Holiday one) and I'm planning on getting the blues one next, so I can't wait to buy this. 360 pages of uke goodness - I think it will predominantly be instructional, but I'm really hoping that he includes some profile/historical info on uke manufacturers (Kamaka, KoAloha, etc.) :)

high-five.gif

That'll be sweet. Some sumer reading!

Thanks for the heads up O'Wicked One.

Thanks for the info. I could use a good book to help with my practices. It seems this book has my middle name in the title, and it's not, "ukulele or for" :)
DAP
ps: love the Tina Fey

Last edited:
'bout time they finally put one of these out. Big fan of the "Dummies" series.

JJ

I have a feeling that this would be a hot item.

Aloha WW,
Mahalo for sharing and the heads up on this one, intrested to see what it has, as ukulele Hunt is an inspiration to me...Happy Strummings!! MM Stan..

Last edited:
greetings and a happy new year o wicked one

I'll be queuing up for this one too mate. Any book with the word "ukulele" in the title is always on my radar. Looking forward to it! Thanks for the reference :)

I just bought one and is it ever what I needed. I may have already bought one, but can't find it so maybe I didn't. Anyway, I bought a new one. That's what happens when you get old.

I was on his site a couple weeks or so ago, saw the book and asked wether or not this would have good information for a baritone uke. He said, 'not'. I said, 'Rats'.
:(

I was on his site a couple weeks or so ago, saw the book and asked wether or not this would have good information for a baritone uke. He said, 'not'. I said, 'Rats'.
:(
He is too modest. :p

Actually, I think it's a great resource for any uke player, you just have to understand that it wasn't written specifically for bari so some of the examples may not apply in the same way. :)

But it's still a really good book that's well worth owning. Just about everything he covers is really applicable no matter what size/tuning you play.

He is too modest. :p

Actually, I think it's a great resource for any uke player, you just have to understand that it wasn't written specifically for bari so some of the examples may not apply in the same way. :)

But it's still a really good book that's well worth owning. Just about everything he covers is really applicable no matter what size/tuning you play.

Have you read the book? Ya think it would be good for me? I would love to learn more, but got talked outof it by him. I do find his site very informative and purchased his e-book on strumming patterns.

Top Bottom