PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year....Where will you be at midnight?

MGM
12-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Aloha and Happy new year to all. May the coming year bring good health and prosperity to you fellow ukers.....and maybe a new uke. At Midnight since the rest of the clan is all in Virginia ( ever wondered why I live in Hawaii and have a Virginia Phone Number ) I will be all alone with my compass Rose here in Hawaii under the Hawaiian moonlight.

heres the clan at my Virginia home
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/musicguymic/IMG00328-20101224-2017.jpg

diego
12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
I will be at the in-laws burning fire works with my bottle of Veuve Clicquot. Happy New Year!

kevkwak
12-31-2010, 09:47 AM
Alone at home with a bottle of red and listening to some jazz probably.

Have a good new year when it comes around!

ukeeku
12-31-2010, 09:50 AM
home drinking mai tais, beer, and other adult beverages with the wife and dog.
Home = Normal, IL

Shin
12-31-2010, 10:14 AM
Aloha Mike,
Happy new year!!! I am in home. I will go to new year sale today. I hope all UU members meet lot of uker this year too.
Have a happy holiday!!!

KevinV
12-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Home with the wife, dog, daughter, and one of her friends. Definitely a night I stay off the road.

Tudorp
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
I will be sitting straight up in bed confused and cobweb eyed in a slumber stooper from a dead sleep wondering what in the heck the wife and daughter are hooping and hollering about, and why they are jumping around in the bedroom...

andywergedal
12-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Sleeping. I hope.

The whole family is getting over a nasty cold.

Uke On in 2011

Jane
12-31-2010, 11:07 AM
I will be a attending a not-so-fancy masked ball (jeans, turtleneck, sweater + mask) at the Grand Theatre Bar in Grand Haven, Michigan. Lots of friends, good music, drinks, munchies, and, hopefully, good times!

Before turning out the lights at home, I'll serenade the New Year (Auld Lang Syne) with my new Koa Flea - that is, if my fingers are able to form the chords...

Happy New Year, one and all!!

haole
12-31-2010, 11:14 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/jihrmx.jpg

janeray1940
12-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Home sweet home, playing Auld Lang Syne on my Kamaka and sipping a wee bit of Knob Creek.

Happy new year, everybody!

fitncrafty
12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Home is where I will be.. hopefully the family will get off the darn video games.. otherwise I will just play my uke and make my own fun!!
Happy New year everyone!!

pdxuke
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Spending the evening with a few friends and my bride, and dreaming of the KTS4 you're sending me Mike! Have a Happy New Year!

Hippie Dribble
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
It's already well into New Year's day here in Australia. Last night I worked until 11pm and saw in the new year with my little Jack Russell, Izzy, on my lap and a cup of earl grey tea in front of the UU forums website. Could hear crackers being let off in the distance but too tired to care that much. Just happy I made it through another year! Best wishes to you Mike and to all the UU members and families!

GreatGazukes
12-31-2010, 12:59 PM
And I spent it at home grinding a Trojan out of my 'puter.....dang Trojan...'twas my first, so I am a more educated net nut now....

Happy New-Uke Year all :)

Ukuleleblues
12-31-2010, 01:23 PM
I will be at home having a drink and playing my ukulele. We spent the day in downtown Charleston playing at waterfront park. Folks were especially nice and happy, I guess because of the holiday. We've been playing Christmas music for the last month so it was fun to get back in to playing our regular songs. I was bummed out that I forgot some of the songs I had just learned. Minnie the Moocher, Love potion #9, It's only a Paper Moon, and Dream a Little Dream. I'll be boning up on those again.

ItsMrPitchy
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
new year has already happend here in the uk. When it turned new year i was playing on my uke in my house.

haole
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
And I spent it at home grinding a Trojan out of my 'puter.....dang Trojan...'twas my first, so I am a more educated net nut now....

Happy New-Uke Year all :)

Ugh...someone else can have this joke. ;)

mds725
12-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Watchng fireworks over the San Francisco Bay, unless it rains (as forecast). If it rains, I'll have to settle for remembering these fireowrks from a few summers ago.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18938&d=1293843371

Happy new year everyone!

redheadedali
12-31-2010, 02:10 PM
At the Dallas House of Blues listening to the Old 97's.

Happy New Year, all!

itsme
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Hanging out at home. Lakers game at 7:30, maybe imbibe some rum and coke and probably play some uke later. Just never understood the mentality of going out on New Year's Eve where everything costs a fortune and you gotta deal with all the amateur drunks on the road.

Happy New Year's to all my UU brothers and sisters.

And MGM, I'd hate to have to pay the heating bill at your VA home. That's one seriously high ceiling. :)

janeray1940
12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Just never understood the mentality of going out on New Year's Eve where everything costs a fortune and you gotta deal with all the amateur drunks on the road.

With you all the way on this one! Just ran into my neighbors who asked me what fun things I had planned tonight. They seemed sad when I told I was staying home!

70sSanO
12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
I'll be home with the wife and kids.

I have found the only benefit of New Year's is the day off.

John

cb56
12-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Staying home! When I quit gigging a few years ago, the last thing I wanted to do is be out on NYE.
Strumming my uke hanging out with the wife. It doesn't get any better.

Kalihonu
12-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Home with family & friends. Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year!

Teek
12-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Already have several hours into trying to get a conflicted laptop to boot out safe mode, cruised Colorado Blvd in Pasadena up and back w the nostalgic hubby (West Coast equivalent of Times Square but with motorcycles, classic cars and fires), hiked a canyon with same, played with his new RC truggy I got him for Xmas doing donuts in the dirt and 180s, trolled Target and found a model Ducati Monster in white and black to go with my red one, went out to dinner, got home in time to watch a movie and now going to go read a good book in bed, ahh. Will know when it's 12 when the neighbors set off their leftover fireworks.

Have y'all know there was a uke in the car the whole time.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year.

ADD
12-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Was at my friend's ceramic shop/studio where we pot luck, paint a work of ceramic art and play ukulele with friends and anyone who wants to join us. Closed up right after midnight.

mm stan
12-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Aloha Mike and all,
Happy New Year to all of you...for me it's recovery mode from my back pain....May 2011 be a better year for all of us health wise who need it the most and be a prosperous, healthy, and Happy Year!!! MM Stan

ksiegel
12-31-2010, 11:14 PM
I was asleep before midnight - had to get up at 4:30, to be at work by 6:30 this morning.

Happy New Year, all!

-Kurt

I Ukulista
12-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Happy new year.....I watched fireworks over the bay, raised a glass to all, and watched the fabulous Jools Holland on TV.
Happy new year Jools.

Pippin
01-01-2011, 02:19 AM
It is 8:18 AM in Columbus, Ohio. I read Tolkien most of the evening. I am midway through The Two Towers on my Kindle.

ichadwick
01-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Happy new year, everyone. It's now 1.1.11 and a new decade has started. May it be happy and prosperous for all.

We were at a local club/restaurant having dinner with friends, then listening and dancing to live music until after midnight. An interesting group - four people on electric 5-string violin, double bass (or electric bass at times), acoustic guitar (including slide) and vocals/percussion. Lots of good music from the 60s and 70s, but also jazz standards, R&B, and some folk.

Howie1947
01-01-2011, 11:43 AM
We'll be at worship. God Bless

Plainsong
01-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Mostly watched Spinal Tap on YLE Teema. I still think I prefer The Folksmen though. Anders said to wake him up at midnight, but that went as predictably as I thought it would: "Honey, it's midnight." "Uhhh mmmmm uuhhhhh. ZZZZzzzzzzzz." - he's not a partier. :)

ksiegel
01-03-2011, 05:07 AM
I was asleep - got up at 6 that morning, worked until 8:30 pm, and got up at 4:30 on the first to be at work at 6:30.

I've never been a New Year's Eve reveler - I'd rather be in a very small group (2-6 people), away from noise, drunks, and televisions, or alone and reading/sleeping.

On New Year's Day, we were still getting calls around noon asking what time we would be opening. (This is a coffee shop - we were open at 7 am, folks!)

-Kurt

aspieman456
01-03-2011, 05:21 AM
I was at home playing "Auld Lang Syne" on the uke, watching the countdown on TV.

Plainsong
01-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Yeah, my idea of a party is getting a group of like-minded nerds together, laughing and watching various Sci-Fi, doing our own Plinkett reviews on stuff we still love, watching silly comedys and generally being nerds. There are drinks, but it's not really the point. I haven't done this since college.

I was asleep - got up at 6 that morning, worked until 8:30 pm, and got up at 4:30 on the first to be at work at 6:30.

I've never been a New Year's Eve reveler - I'd rather be in a very small group (2-6 people), away from noise, drunks, and televisions, or alone and reading/sleeping.

On New Year's Day, we were still getting calls around noon asking what time we would be opening. (This is a coffee shop - we were open at 7 am, folks!)

-Kurt