Wow - Impressed with Eleuke, but it's the 3rd one I've owned!

kissing

Reaction score
Have you ever sold a uke because you weren't absolutely happy with it.

Bought a similar model later and just fell in love?

I'm experiencing that with my new blue Eleuke.
I owned 2 Eleukes in the past.. they were both Concerts, but I ended up selling them.

But for some reason, I really missed playing the Eleuke, and so when I found one on UU, I grabbed the opportunity. But dang, I'm playing it through the same amp I did before, so I thought I knew what to expect. However, I was blown away by how much output and sustain their pickup has - it's like you don't even need steel strings.

Has Eleuke updated their electronics since the new MP3 Eleukes came out? I swear it feels like there is more sustain and sparkle to the tone than what I remember. Or perhaps its because it's a Tenor?

Anyway, I'm so impressed that I felt it deserved its own topic :D
Thanks Eleuke! You guys make great electric ukes. Looking forward to the steel string version - if it also uses an active pickup system like the current ones do, the results should be amazing!
Anyone have news on those??

Last edited:
Aloha KIssing,
thanks for sharing your experience with your new ele uke to us......Happy New Year! MM Stan

I hear what you're saying about not needing steel strings. I bought a Concert size eleuke, it's fitted with Aquila strings, and although it doesn't sound like an acoustic uke at all, it is a full awesome sound. I'm totally rapt with mine.

Looking forward to the steel string version - if it also uses an active pickup system like the current ones do, the results should be amazing!
Anyone have news on those??

No news here but I'm hoping a prototype will be showcased at Winter NAMM. All those attending, stop by the Eleuke booth and let us know!

I have never owned one but ive heard some sound samples and they are nice sounding ukes. Also they are a good price.

Top Bottom