Roll Call...

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ok.. report in so we all know you made it home safe. And made it through 2010.

Now, as far as 2011, Let's light this candle..

I quit drinking in 2008 but have seen some scary stuff on New Year's Eve. I'm home safe 'cause I never left. Safe, not hung over and strummin' my uke already this morning. Happy new year everybody!

I stayed at home to. And i dont drink so it was all good. Happy new year everyone.

I was home by 10:30 and in bed by 11:00. But the youngin't they won't be up for hours yet.

Roxhum

Happy New Year, put my ear plugs in at 10PM and slept like a baby.

Mike K

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone, made it home safe and sound after an early celebration with my Auntie and Uncle.

We spent the night with my son and daughter-in-law at their new house. Not a big party, just time with family with pizza and a couple beers.

Famous line from a friend of mine; "I've never been drunk - that I can remember."

Happy New Year everyone,
Bill

Slept through new years, I have a bad case of strep throat. Can't talk but can still type and play.

Safe and sound

Didn't get out, stayed in bed with my bad back...but it is the last year for citizens to pop fire crackers in Hawaii...they outlawed it....sheesh..

Frankly, I never left home. It was actually kind of nice spending some quiet time inside, sober, and warm!

Home sweet home early last night after a fun and sober day. No drinking or drugs in this household, we're all about recovery.. from toxic childhoods, and into faith, clarity, gratitude, being of service and cars, motorcycles, bicycles, art, and those things with strings. Yay for ukers. Hope everyone is well and safe. Happy new year.

Off to spend day one, one, one one resurrecting a recalcitrant laptop.

Went to church.

Haven't left the house since...last Sunday, I think... :)

Had enough of alcohol and wild parties many years ago. I can't remember the last time I had more than a small glass of wine with dinner - and that's pretty much on my cardiologist's orders - I don't even like wine.

John

hey bruddah Tudorp

no wild stuff in Tasmania for me. Don't think anyone down here even realised it was New Years Eve...was it? :p

We went to a restaurant a few blocks away (but drove, since it was 5 degrees out when we left!) to eat and listen to some of my friends play in sort of a slapped together band. Funny thing though... I've played in bands for ages, and I don't like to listen to loud music unless: a) it's a REAL concert; or b) I'm in the band. For some reason, the volume doesn't bother me if I'M the one contributing to it. The band last night consisted of 2 guitarists I've played with some, the drummer I've played with on and off for the last 14 years (including currently in a country band), a harmonica player who was in a band with the drummer and I for a long time, and a bass player I've heard of (and am friends with on FaceBook), but had never heard or met. He was pretty good, but his tone SUCKED!!!!! That was surprising, since he had good gear. But it was all honking midrange. Since I am primarily a bassist, that drove me crazy. We listened to them for 45 minutes or so, and were home by 10. I had to get up at 5:30 AM and go to work today. That didn't stop me from staying up on the computer until nearly midnight, but hey... I do that almost EVERY night!

Last night I witnessed Ukulelezo's amazing ability to turn any pedestrian motion into an awesome dance. A particular fave was "data entry."

Didn't do much except supper with relatives. I watched a movie, drank my last can of beer ever and was asleep a little after midnight.

I am not much of a party type. I don't like the flavor of alcohol so drinking parties bore me.

We watched a DVD of American Graffiti with a "Making of" documentary that was very inspiring. What was so inspiring was the story of how it was made, and how much resistance George Lucas had to the project. He was doing something out-of-the-ordinary, on a shoestring budget, with heavy resistance from the studios and made a film that has influenced hundreds of films and TV shows since then. It is nice to see creative people succeed.
–Lori

Top Bottom