Hopes for 2011.

ItsMrPitchy

Reaction score
Do you have any plans for 2011. Any new ukes or uke fests.
I hope to go to the Great Britain and London uke fest.
Got a holiday this summer as well.
A charity bycycle ride.
Lastly keep jammin the uke and see what else is ahead.

Happy New Year! No plans to buy any ukes. I plan on getting a handle on my finances. But now that you mention it there is a uke festival in September only a four hour drive from my house. I may just plan on going to that this year. Your plans sound very good.

Roxhum

Good look and happy new year to you as well. Loads of people go to ukulele festvals and i only hear good news so why not join the band wagon.

The London festival has the mass jam which is to brake the record of most uke players playing at the same time. That is what will make it even greater.

My ukulele plans for 2011 include buying a K brand ukulele in Hawaii, continuing to take classes with the Kapalakiko Hawaian Music Workshop Band, figuring out the technology to make and post videos on YouTube, and going to ukulele festivals, including the Ukulele Festival of Northern California in April (where I hope to perform with the Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band) and the Wine Country Ukulele Festival in St. Helena CA in September. My non-ukulele plans include training for and running a half-marathon after a few years of nagging running-inhibiting injuries, finishing the first draft of a novel I've been writing, and taking a trip to Europe.

I feel tired just reading that.

Last edited:
Getting a Rogue Baritone, and then that Mexico themed Kala that is in Ukeeku's thread.

Hopefully being able to attend UWC in June and meeting everyone.

Getting better at theory and improvising!

attachment.php

That these come out soon so I can add them to my collection!

To get good enough playing where I can play in public or post videos on YouTube. To continue to do well in nursing school. To find love (I'm sentimental :) ), and to continue to improve my life in other ways. And win the lottery. That would be cool.

John

Uke plans are to finally get a Moore Bettah. Chuck and I have already emailed a few times about what I'm looking for...I told him I'd have the funds sometime this summer (June/July/August) so we're using that as a tentative completion date.

Also heading to Hawaii for a few days in April...no plans on buying but it will be fun just trying out lots of different ukes as the selection in VT isn't great.

I forgot to add that like mds i would like to start posting youtube videos.

I just want to perfect my strumming, technique, and just be an all-around better player!
This year will be great! I am going to NAMM and I will see a lot of my UU friends there and probably make some new ones!
I am going to UWC where I will see some of my bestest friends in the world who have been my ROCK this last year!
Who can ask for anything more?

UncleElvis has a Shallonge where you are to learn a song a week all the way through. I want to try that for this upcoming year. I have my first song picked out!

Top Bottom