Kamaka $130 on eBay

mendel

Reaction score
It's a shame they closed the auction early.

I guess integrity isn't that important.

Sorry... I'm just a little pissed at this. It bugs me when people don't put a "Buy It Now" button up, but still allow that.
I was working under the impression that, since the seller DOES have "Buy It Now" on other products, they weren't interested in that and were legitimately auctioning it off.

Disappointed.

It's a shame they closed the auction early.

I guess integrity isn't that important.

Sorry... I'm just a little pissed at this. It bugs me when people don't put a "Buy It Now" button up, but still allow that.
I was working under the impression that, since the seller DOES have "Buy It Now" on other products, they weren't interested in that and were legitimately auctioning it off.

Disappointed.

i saw a buy it now button. But think aboutit, even if therewasn't a buy it now option there should still be a reserve. A kamaka in goodshape for $130? I know it isn't going to go for that price.

Local pick-up only. Anybody tell the vintage? Is it 80's? 60s? Funky finish near the bridge...

I think the white labels were like 1970 through 2000. Unless those tuners aren't original, I'd say it's an early 70's model (non- Schallers?). PS I have basically no idea what I'm talking about, by the way.

Local pick-up only. Anybody tell the vintage? Is it 80's? 60s? Funky finish near the bridge...

I'm ebay impaired, where is this person?

Curious how someone perfectly scratched out the word "Japan" on the sticker on the back of the headstock where it should say "Kamaka Japan".

Curious how someone perfectly scratched out the word "Japan" on the sticker on the back of the headstock where it should say "Kamaka Japan".

I doubt if it means anything. There are pen marks inside the body, on the label, and behind the headstock where those words were erased. As to why someone did it, who knows? Out of boredom, perhaps.

I believe it's a keiki Kamaka made in japan...not sure if they had white label ones...always thought they were gold labels...it is definetly before m 1975 that I know for sure..
the reason I'm questioning ths one is that it has the small sound hole of the gold labels.. not sure it's authentic white label...over here you can get them as low as 225.00
In fact I seen one at a pawn shop for that price....this one looks in a good condition but would be very cautious.. some red flags are out for me...

i saw a buy it now button. But think aboutit, even if therewasn't a buy it now option there should still be a reserve. A kamaka in goodshape for $130? I know it isn't going to go for that price.

There's one now. Wasn't before.

The whole thing, and what I'm reading now, left a bad taste in my mouth, so bugger it.

Might look for something older elsewhere.

Top Bottom