ukeeku

Reaction score
Have you seen these yet?
I think they will have them at NAMM, I will take pics, they look fun
Ukadelic-560.png

Have you seen these yet?
I think they will have them at NAMM, I will take pics, they look fun
Ukadelic-560.png

YES! More cool novelty ukes! I will be a buyer! Kala listened! Last year, on this very forum, we gave MusicGuyMike our wish list to give Kala-Mike at NAMM, and as I recall many of us were begging for old-style "painted" ukes. I'm so there!

When I first saw the checkerboard one in a photo that MGM posted a few months ago, I instantly thought of Cheap Trick. They should make a checkerboard soprano with 5 necks and call it the Rick Nielsen Signature model. I want to get one and learn to play "Surrender"!
The Tuxedo and Tartan ones are very cool too.

I need the Tuxedo, Plaid, Tropical Daylight and Moonlight, the Checkerboard, the Peacock..... WANT!!!!!

Anybody have a link to a bigger photo?

I will take as many clse ups of each as I can

Are they Wood or Plastic?
I'm really turned-off with how the Plastic ones chip :(
I own a laminate wood Kala novelty pineapple and it sounds nice and the finish has held up well.

OK, thanks ... For some reason I thought the Tiki ones were already out.

Kala made a limited edition tiki uke specifically for the 2010 Wine Country Ukulele Festival in September in St. Helena. It appears that a limited number of these ukuleles were available through December 31 at the Kani Ka Pila online store.

http://kani-ka-pila.com/wordpress/this-months-special

As of Sunday evening January 2, the "add to cart" feature for the tiki ukulele was still working, so maybe you can still buy them even though it's after December 31.

Last edited:
Let's play a game. I'll start!

This line of instruments is to ukulele - as - Vanilla Ice is to The Sugar Hill Gang

Kala made a limited edition tiki uke specifically for the 2010 Wine Country Ukulele Festival in September in St. Helena. It appears that a limited number of these ukuleles were available through December 31 at the Kani Ka Pila online store.

http://kani-ka-pila.com/wordpress/this-months-special

As of Sunday evening January 2, the "add to cart" feature for the tiki ukulele was still working, so maybe you can still buy them even though it's after December 31.

Update: The kala tiki uke is now still available on the Kani Ka Pila website, available through January 31 at $99.95 plus shipping/handling. Ralph Shaw's "The Complete Ukulele Course for Kids" DVD is included.

Wow, there's a tartan one, and I am Scottish, so I should get that......but I don't really need it......oh what's need got to do with it!!!

:uhoh:
This line of instruments is to ukulele - as - Vanilla Ice is to The Sugar Hill Gang

hmmmm...parachute pants to bell bottoms...:wtf:

So, do you like those new Kalas?

Top Bottom