Happy 103rd Birthday!

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Today is Bill Tapia's 103rd birthday. He's been playing ukulele since 1915, and played a gig as recently as November 30th!

Hi Chris, thanks for this thread. And echoing yours and Matt's well wishes, Happy birthday Bill!!!

Truly amazing musician and still going strong.

They are in the final mixing and mastering stages of a forthcoming live album of Bill's, recorded at his 101st birthday I think it was. It'll be out soon from all reports, and has come up beautifully. It was helped funded by fans in a co-operative venture launched by his manager, Alyssa Archambault, through the Kickstarter programme.

The guy is a legend.

Just a FYI: there is also a beautiful documentary put out several years back called "To My Sweetheart, Aloha" primarily a bio of Bill but also looking at the relationship that developed between he and Alyssa. It features some awesome live footage of Bill and his uke. Very touching film, and poignant. It is available to buy on DVD for anyone interested.

I was looking at that DVD online the other day, and thought about buying it. Just think.. that was when he was only 94!

Awsome we ere just watching the mighty uke and there was some video from when he was 101. My 82 years old mother in law who also plays uke was impressed with that.

I have been lucky enough to meet this fine gentleman several times. He still plays locally around here and frequents different uke groups in the area. He is a gentleman in every sense of the word.

What an amazing man & talent. Happy 103rd Birthday Sir. An Amazing man with amazing history, God Bless!

Happy Birthday Uncle Bill!

I heard Uncle Bill lives part time here...Happy Birthday Uncle Bill....I hope you have a wonderful day and year...

Happy birthday Bill you a ukulele pro and an inspiration to ukers all round.

Happy Birthday Mr Tapia ! !
Thanks for what you give to music…

Today is Bill Tapia's 103rd birthday. He's been playing ukulele since 1915, and played a gig as recently as November 30th!

I love old foke.. My Great Grandmother was a huge part of my life when I was a kid. Loved that woman. She was very active to the day she died. She died on her 104th birthday..

So, Happy Birthday Mr. Tapia

Last edited:
I love old foke.. My Great Grandmother was a huge part of my life when I was a kid. Loved that woman. She was very active to the day she died. She died on her 304th birthday..

So, Happy Birthday Mr. Tapia

WOW........304....now that's OLD !

Top Bottom