The band I play uke in recorded recently

Ken Swagger

Reaction score
And I'd love to know what some of you think. We are called The Blue Shadows and are from Chico, California. There's three songs online and I have three more to post later: www.myspace.com/blueshadows530

Last edited:
Thanks for listening mds, and fixing the link. We have a guitarist/ vocalist, a violinist, a washtub bass player (who plays that thing in a really interesting kickass way), and I play uke.

I uploaded 3 more songs. Let's Pretend There's a Moon is particularly fun to play on the uke.

very cool, nice uke playing. Your singer is fun to listen to. You have a great sound. Thanks for the link.
DAP

I was going to reply and let you know you have a comma and not a period after www which is causing your problems but I see it was noted already!

Instead I will say I love it! Very fun! I particularly enjoy Campfires and Easier. you guys make all the instuments go so well togeather (to my ears anywho)

Thank all of you who listened and especially those with the nice comments. I'm open to all comments, condemnations and constructive criticisms. I'm happy with the album too, but a little nitpicky about some parts. We recorded it mostly live and all the songs were done in one or two takes. The only overdubs are my backup vocals (growling "Pretty Sooooooooooon" and "Get Awaaaaaaaaaaaay" on "The Moon is High") and the shakers on "Strange Kinda Pain." We recorded, had a friend do the artwork, screenprinted sleeves, packaged them and had a pretty darned successful release show in less than two weeks time, so the minor glitches here and there don't bother me so much.

Our fiddle player up and split to Chile, so now writing new songs and think we're gonna replace him with a dobro player, which I'm really excited about.

Top Bottom