Ukulele stands

wonderfulwendy

Reaction score
I would like to have my lovely new uke out in view so its easliy available to pick up and play. My question is what stand would you recommend - what do you use?:)

Aloha Wonderful Wendy,
Google Ebay and search Ukulele stands ...they have some there.. me, I'm cheap ..I use one side of the cardbox my uke came in and lean it on the wall or something.....it prevents it from falling over...MM Stan..

A recent thread rcomended violin stands as another option.

:stop:Beware of cracking problems with solid wood ukuleles, you might be better served by keeping your lovely uke in its case with a humidifier when it's not being played.

The main reason I got a Fluke was so that I could leave it out without worry. My solid wood uke stays in the case.

Last edited:
I for some reason need three or four instruments out when I practice...
I have a couple of the Kalas, but I have found that I am REALLY clumsy, and they don't hold my May-Bell. Also really tight on the Baritone. In any event, the clumsy being they are not padded on the top and so when i switch ukes, I have, a few times, bounced the uke off the metal (oops). I found this one and it solved all my problems. Fits the Bari and May-Bell, and has a padded top. It is also really stable and folds right up to go under the couch when I am done.
Hercules Stand

I for some reason need three or four instruments out when I practice...
I have a couple of the Kalas, but I have found that I am REALLY clumsy, and they don't hold my May-Bell. Also really tight on the Baritone. In any event, the clumsy being they are not padded on the top and so when i switch ukes, I have, a few times, bounced the uke off the metal (oops). I found this one and it solved all my problems. Fits the Bari and May-Bell, and has a padded top. It is also really stable and folds right up to go under the couch when I am done.
Hercules Stand

That's a nice looking stand!

I made a wall hanger for three ukes from 1 X 6 cedar and 3/4" dowel. The dowel is cut to 6" lengths and inserted into 3/4" inch holes drilled into the 1 X 6 spaced to hold the uke necks. Has a warm "woodish" look which looks good with the instruments. It is attached to the wall over the piano.

A recent thread rcomended violin stands as another option.

I second that I have a violin stand and it fits perfect, i use the bow holder for my capo lol

Hercules also makes something called the iStand, which folds into a disk that should fit into your gig bag.

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-GS602B-istand/dp/B001OI4J22/ref=sr_1_53?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1294104037&sr=1-53

Last edited:
We bought 3 guitar stands for $11 from Sam Ash Music. We cut one of them down, it fits the concert model perfectly now.

Thanks for the picture of your stands.

Very interesting.

I have a 'violin' stand and one that looks like the Kala stand.

Besides stability, I think many of us are looking for portability and that
Hercules 'Disc' stand looks very intriguing.

Uke Stand Acquision (USA) anyone?

Keep uke'in', and sharing your pics.

Top Bottom