Back soon !

UkuCouS

Reaction score
Aloha guys !

It has been a while since I've came here !
3-4 month ago, I broke my Kanile'a, it was so hard that I couldn't come here without thinking that I had no longer any uke :(

Anyway this is soon finished as I just ordered my new Kanile'a :
5318356196_6bfaaecc7e_b.jpg

5318356802_c7cd9b516b_z.jpg

This is a K1-TP, P is for Premium ^^
Bought to MGM, no I'm just waiting the postman, i have forgotten how this was hard.
Anyway glad to be back (soon) on ukulele world and UU.

CouS

That's a beautiful uke! If it was coming to me I'd be standing on the front porch waiting!

John

What happened to your kanilea? When you say you broke it it kinda scares me.Because I have a same one as you with the KU logo.

Aloha Cous,
Sorry to hear about your old ukulele, cous...but the new one looks awesome....wow..I know the wait is a killer....Glad to have you back, next time you don't need a ukulele to be here...can your old one be fixed???
BTW- what is your user name mean?? short for cousin or like cous cous??? Keep up informed when you receive it !!! MM Stan

What happened to your kanilea? When you say you broke it it kinda scares me.Because I have a same one as you with the KU logo.

Don't worry, just a stupid accident including my ass and my couch ....... nothing wrong with Kanile'a

can your old one be fixed???
BTW- what is your user name mean?? short for cousin or like cous cous??? Keep up informed when you receive it !!! MM Stan

No it can't, well the neck is at 90° and the table is broken in 3 parts, as well as the sides?
Dor the nick part, everyone calls me Cous for as long as I can remember, it started with couscous but I guess people are just bored to say the same sound twice.

CouS

Last edited:
Really feel bad for you. That had to be painful losing your uke that way. Was it as beautiful as the one that is coming? This one is absolutely gorgeous. Hope it arrives very, very soon.

Really feel bad for you. That had to be painful losing your uke that way. Was it as beautiful as the one that is coming? This one is absolutely gorgeous. Hope it arrives very, very soon.

It was beautiful but not as much as this one !
The real heartbreaker was this :
3953312488_31d7baab40_z.jpg

....Yes this is Jake

Congrats on a new uke and welcome back. Yes, the waiting is the hardest part.

Oh ouch! But keep us posted on the replacement, and welcome back!

/Is putting off restringing her Kanilea at this very moment. Pin bridge - why does it have to be a pin bridge? :(

Guess it's good and bad. BUT....that new Kanile'a looks awesome!!!!

Mine is just a deluxe, but yours is premium! I hope Lea understands.... may she rest in pieces. Ah jeez, she sounds outstanding on your youtube channel. Mine is still opening up a year on, every strum gets better and better, but this makes me look forward to the coming years with this uke.

Last edited:
I used to go on ebay everyday to look at that uke. I love that little blond strip. That is the kind of uke that will have you popping open the case to admire when you go take a leak at 2am. Congrats man!! I'm jealous.

For anyone reading this page and wanting a Kanilea, but you're afraid of the pin bridge, don't be. They thought it out. There's a channel in the bridge to guide the string to keep under the saddle where it belongs, and not up against the pin. You can string it with the pins out and it'll hold like it's supposed to. The only thing you have to do is learn how to make an Ashley stopper knot. If you can do that, you can string the uke.

It took me hours, but only because I fail at knots. If I didn't fail at knots, it would have taken minutes and no eyes were put out by launching pins. (The last restring was done by a local luthier when I had the action lowered)

Sorry about what happend but welcome back. Your brand new uke looks great.

For anyone reading this page and wanting a Kanilea, but you're afraid of the pin bridge, don't be. They thought it out. There's a channel in the bridge to guide the string to keep under the saddle where it belongs, and not up against the pin. You can string it with the pins out and it'll hold like it's supposed to. The only thing you have to do is learn how to make an Ashley stopper knot. If you can do that, you can string the uke.

It took me hours, but only because I fail at knots. If I didn't fail at knots, it would have taken minutes and no eyes were put out by launching pins. (The last restring was done by a local luthier when I had the action lowered)

In fact since I got a Kanile'a I've been wondering why pin bridge isn't the standard ! Really easy to setup and IMO way prettier thanatos standard bridge !

I had a uke with pin bridge that was problematic. There was nowhere for the strings to go because of the type of uke it was. The strings could only go into the pin, which bent the pins and put eyes out. I thought it was the worst idea in the world. A local guitar/uke luthier modified it to get it working.

But this one was made right. You only have to make a big huge stopper knot. The reason it took me so long wasn't because I was arguing with the uke. No, that part went very smoothly. It was the time I was taking trying to make the knots. There's not a single decent tutorial out there for how to make this very standard very big round knot.

Guitar strings that go into pin bridges come with little ball stoppers. Why can't this be something uke strings can come with? Until then, I should really be using the same knot on standard bridges as well... leaving me the same knot failure problem.

I haven't tried this because I don't have a pin uke - but I think if I did I'd get some of those lead weights that fisherman use, put a loop in the end of the string, and clamp the lead weight over that - seems with a loop it should hold and with a pin bridge the lead weight would be out of sight and out of mind...

John

Top Bottom