PDA

View Full Version : Making a kitchen is the new fad for builders...

Sven
01-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Well mrs. Moore got a very nice kitchen didn't she? I chose not to show my wife those pics. But she was quite happy with this one, which we fitted in the shed where my father's junk was stored. A bunch of old anchors and several miles of rope, can you believe it?

So now I have a functioning summer house of my own, ten meters from the shore of the Baltic sea.

Here's the kitchen:
http://argapa.blogspot.com/2011/01/moore-worse-kitchen.html

Doug W
01-03-2011, 04:33 AM
Very nice job. Is this a trend? My wife is talking about our kitchen now and she has seen pictures of Chuck Moore's kitchen.

camface
01-03-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm assuming it's all brazilian rosewood right? Looks great!

Sven
01-03-2011, 07:31 AM
It was a pain to bleach all the rosewood until it looked just like fir! And painting those pesky ebony drawer fronts white... you wouldn't believe the number of coats I had to put on!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
01-03-2011, 08:11 AM
I know what you mean. I used snakewood for my cabinets but had to cover it with koa contact paper to make it look more Hawaiian.

Allen
01-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Very nice set up Sven. Lots worse places to have to go to work.

dkcrown
01-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice Job Sven. Seeings how Chuck and I were trading emails back and forth about our respective kitchens, I guess I'll have to throw my hat in the ring as well. Might as well include the entertainment center.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
01-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Uh Dana......Nice work of course but you can only throw your hat in the ring if you also build ukuleles :)

sukie
01-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I know what you mean. I used snakewood for my cabinets but had to cover it with koa contact paper to make it look more Hawaiian.

SFPOD!!!

I watched a show the other day about million dollar rooms. One room was a kitchen. It had koa cabinets. Thank goodness you used koa "laminate", Chuck. hehehe.

dkcrown
01-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Uh Dana......Nice work of course but you can only throw your hat in the ring if you also build ukuleles :)

LOL Chuck. I have some beautiful walnut burl in the shop earmarked for a tenor someday. If I ever get the time.

BTW, how difficult is it to bend a highly figured burl?