Making a kitchen is the new fad for builders...

Sven

Reaction score
Well mrs. Moore got a very nice kitchen didn't she? I chose not to show my wife those pics. But she was quite happy with this one, which we fitted in the shed where my father's junk was stored. A bunch of old anchors and several miles of rope, can you believe it?

So now I have a functioning summer house of my own, ten meters from the shore of the Baltic sea.

Here's the kitchen:
http://argapa.blogspot.com/2011/01/moore-worse-kitchen.html

Very nice job. Is this a trend? My wife is talking about our kitchen now and she has seen pictures of Chuck Moore's kitchen.

I'm assuming it's all brazilian rosewood right? Looks great!

It was a pain to bleach all the rosewood until it looked just like fir! And painting those pesky ebony drawer fronts white... you wouldn't believe the number of coats I had to put on!

Nice Job Sven. Seeings how Chuck and I were trading emails back and forth about our respective kitchens, I guess I'll have to throw my hat in the ring as well. Might as well include the entertainment center.

Attachments

• King kitchen 008.jpg
    King kitchen 008.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 26
  • King kitchen 007.jpg
    King kitchen 007.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 25
  • King kitchen 006.jpg
    King kitchen 006.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 23
  • King kitchen 017.jpg
    King kitchen 017.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 25
  • King kitchen 002.jpg
    King kitchen 002.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 25
I know what you mean. I used snakewood for my cabinets but had to cover it with koa contact paper to make it look more Hawaiian.

SFPOD!!!

I watched a show the other day about million dollar rooms. One room was a kitchen. It had koa cabinets. Thank goodness you used koa "laminate", Chuck. hehehe.

Uh Dana......Nice work of course but you can only throw your hat in the ring if you also build ukuleles :)

LOL Chuck. I have some beautiful walnut burl in the shop earmarked for a tenor someday. If I ever get the time.

BTW, how difficult is it to bend a highly figured burl?

Top Bottom