Your New Years Uke Resolution

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
I just wanted to see if anyone had any goals/lists/resolutions of what people wanted to conquer with the uke this year? I'm still thinking about mine but what are some of yours? I know some of us on UU have a list of things they want to accomplish this year.

My ukulele plans for 2011 include buying a K brand ukulele in Hawaii, continuing to take classes with the Kapalakiko Hawaian Music Workshop Band, figuring out the technology to make and post videos on YouTube, and going to ukulele festivals, including the Ukulele Festival of Northern California in April (where I hope to perform with the Kapalakiko Hawaiian Music Workshop Band) and the Wine Country Ukulele Festival in St. Helena CA in September.

Here are two other resolution threads. Not all of these are ukulele-specific, but many are.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?40218-Hopes-for-2011.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?40172-Resolutions

Last edited:
This isn't really a resolution. But I do want to try. And that is to add 1 additional song to my Uke repretoire each month for 2011.

Get good at it. :(

Yeah, I'd like to not suck. I'd like to be able to chunk, and to do songs that are mildly difficult. I've watched every chunking vid there is and I can't frakking do it. I have to use a pinky mute instead.

Colin -- One of my goals includes you. I want to do a duet with you at UWC. Really.

Not as much as a goal or resoulation, but a simple wish.....I wish we all improve our ukulele skills this year......mm Stan

Get better at playing. Get better at singing. Be good at playing and singing at the same time:)
DAP

Mine is to keep playing the uke with the same passion I did in 2010! (Oh yeah, and get BETTER!!!!)

I have only been able to keep one New Year's resolution in my entire life - that was the one I made several years ago to not ever make another New Year's resolution!

That said, I do have a few goals for the coming year - the biggest of which is not to buy even one more stinking musical instrument without first selling one I already have!

John

Ukulele (and related) goals for this year: Get better. Get better still. Sing more. Get better at singing (my wife got me an introductory voice lesson for a Christmas present, but I still need to get that scheduled). Buy fewer, but NICER ukuleles. I've mentioned it in other threads, but I would like to have custom soprano made this year, and I'm currently working on a few ideas about that. Oh, and get better. And get a Banjo Uke. Oh! And....

1. Probably get a custom?
2. Finish playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps! (I'm almost there...almost)
3. Triple Strum
4. Basically all the right hand techniques :p

I just want to get better and more confident.. like being able to noodle around with ukuleles in a shop.. and playing in front of other people.. Keep practicing and get better... I would love to buy a few new ukes this year too.. and an amp, a microphone, ....

I started writing some ukulele etudes last year. I'd like to finish the ones I've started and write some more. I currently have 1 done and scored, 2 done but not written up, and 1 partly done. THEN, I want to get them out there. Either published on paper or online. And get them onto Youtube. Still have never uploaded anything.

There still doesn't seem to be enough music for the ukulele, by the ukulele. Most things are arrangements. Slowly trying to change that, in my own little way.

I haven't felt like I've improved much at ukulele playing for a while now, so I hope to improve my ukulele playing a little bit this year.

Yeah, I'd like to not suck. I'd like to be able to chunk, and to do songs that are mildly difficult. I've watched every chunking vid there is and I can't frakking do it. I have to use a pinky mute instead.

well I think you're pretty lucky. Chunking came fairly easy to me but that christ foresaken pinky mute frustrates me to no end. So yeah there's on my on uke resolution. Like someone else said I'm trying to work on my right hand techniques; I just recently got the four finger roll down. I'm also trying to get better with E and B.

Top Bottom