Ever noticed?

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but would like to know if anyone else has ever noticed this. I play mostly mandolin in bluegrass jams and when I sing I sing usually sing in the key of "A". When playing the uke I will try a song in that key and really have trouble with hitting the notes. I am having a bit of trouble finding a good singing chord for the uke. Do any of you have this problem? What is your easiest chord to sing in?

I've noticed that I have to feel my way around (sometimes for quite a while!) until I finally (or hopefully) find the melody note(s), even when playing the same chords as when I play the same song on guitar (where I never have a problem - I know the note _before_ I actually hit the chord, just from the muscle memory of the chord shape).
Maybe it's because the chords sound different - most of them don't have the chord root note as the lowest note when played on a gCEA uke. And I'm new at ukulele.

Thanks for the help. I am definitely not technical but I think you hit the nail on the head with "A" being higher. I have the chord layout and can transpose so I will continue to do that until I find a suitable chord. I really liked the idea of "just let go when you play your uke". I am really trying to do that~ Thanks! rem

Top Bottom