Dallas: Guitar Center on Lovers Ln.

Capt Amazo

Reaction score
Went in today to see if they were hiring. They weren't. But its not all rainy days and sad stories. I was really excited to see there ukulele section. They had filled it out a bit more since I'd last been (which admittedly is quite a while). They had some good brands too, mostly Lanikai and Cordoba, and they had a Luna concert that wasn't too bad. I had a blast. I even got to try my first baritone (a Cordoba, beautiful) and got to show off a bit to one guy who was interested in starting ukes and was looking for a cheap beginner. I probably annoyed him D:

I still need to check out Ukelady's retail shop. Maybe tomorrow :cool:

But yeah. pretty awesome day.

except I lost my wallet :(

Last edited:
Let us know what kind of inventory ukelady carries. Her website shows quite a selection. I wonder if she actually stocks them for people to play before they buy.

that sounds like the selection of ukes my guitar center carries (though Im confident it's nowhere near yours :p ). Mostly Lanikais, Cordobas, some Lunas and a Fender or two.

Disclaimer: I'm totally prejudiced because Noel is a friend and I adore her.

That being said, if you're in the Dallas area please check out her UkeLady Music store. It's so much fun to be surrounded by ukuleles and be able to play them. It makes all the difference in the world to be able to see, feel and play the ukuleles in person. And she carries all things ukulele so you can check out strings, tuners, gigbags, and instruction books, too.

I love that the ukulele is so popular that the big box stores are carrying them. But if you have the opportunity to support those in our community who invest their life energy and resources into ukuleles, it feels really good.

And if you're looking for something really special, Noel has an amazing personal collection and knows other folks who are willing or need to sell really cool ukuleles from time to time. She's the greatest! (And nobody ever looks at you funny or finds you "annoying" in her store!)

Mahalo to all those making ukuleles accessible to everyone!

Sounds like I need to visit UkeLady!
Ernest

Top Bottom