PDA

View Full Version : Because of the Ukulele, I...

seeso
01-04-2011, 03:49 AM
The thread is simple. Just finish the sentence. I'll start.

Because of the ukulele, I met a girl named Zoe. I somehow tricked her into being my girlfriend.

Mandarb
01-04-2011, 03:58 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I enjoy playing the Ukulele.

fitncrafty
01-04-2011, 04:02 AM
Because of the ukulele, I can enjoy playing music (I didn't say well, but it sure is fun!)

Swedgin
01-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have turned my home into something resembling a small music store (and I love it!!)

thejumpingflea
01-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have a job that I absolutely love. ;)

ytmr
01-04-2011, 04:07 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have a little relief for headaches.

roxhum
01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Because of the ukulele I have really short fingernails and fingertip calluses on my left hand, and I am having a lot of fun.

cheekmeat
01-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Because of the ukulele I am playing music with other people in front of an audience instead of alone in my living room.

mendel
01-04-2011, 04:26 AM
I saw my baby smile.

cletus
01-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have a positive outlook, and a more relaxed approach to life in this modern world.

marihhen
01-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Because of the ukulele I have seen kindness and caring between people who actually are strangers.
Because of the ukulele I have friends on the other side of the world and hopefully I will soon have many friends closer too.
Because of the ukulele I have always something to talk about
Because of the ukulele I have something that makes me smile and dance even when I want to kick and scream :)

UKISOCIETY
01-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Because of the ukulele, I am now envious of Seeso.

hoosierhiver
01-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Because of the ukulele, I've been working 7 days a week!

lozarkman
01-04-2011, 05:10 AM
Because of the ukulele, I am Broke, but happy :) Lozark

Papa Tom
01-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Because of the ukulele, the huge 15-year gap in my life that was music is now back in my hands

Tudorp
01-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I was able to continue my love of playing music. I could no longer play guitar like I loved due to arthritis, but the ukulele was easier to play with the problem due to the smaller fretboard and less stressful stretch to form chords. It kept me playing when I thought it was over.

janeray1940
01-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have met some wonderful people both in person and online, whom I would otherwise have never known.

NatalieS
01-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Because of the ukulele, I always carry a soprano harcase with me on flights.

ricksan66
01-04-2011, 05:32 AM
Because of the ukulele, I played and sang in a group for the residents at an assisted living center.

wickedwahine11
01-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have a physical manifestation of the place that I love (Hawaii).

GX9901
01-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Because of the ukulele, I stopped playing Guitar Hero...and will be spending the rest of my life trying to be an ukulele hero...

Ukeffect
01-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Because of the ukulele, I can actually play a little music for my friends....some even sounds good!

Lori
01-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Because of the ukulele, my interest in playing music was renewed.

Because of the ukulele, I have made new friends, and met a lot of really nice people.

Because of the ukulele, I have a patent pending and a small business.

Because of the ukulele, there is less room in my apartment (but it is worth it!).

–Lori

vacuousnacho
01-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Because of the ukulele, I had something to do when I decided I didn't want to spend my life smoking weed all day everyday anymore.

Skitzic
01-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Because of the ukulele, I now have actual instrument accompaniment when I break out into song and dance on the street.

dkcrown
01-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Because of the ukulele, I now have another outlet for creativity and stress relief.

Fuzzy
01-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Because of the uke I have made strangers sing and dance.

marymac
01-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Because of the ukulele I can play music again with joy, and sing with my family.

Eriquito
01-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Because of the ukulele I have learned true humility.

heymak
01-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Because of the ukulele I have learned there's no such thing as an easy to play musical instrument, but I keep trying anyway.

rem50
01-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Because of the ukulele I am enjoying playing music I used to love!

BBQUKER
01-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Because of the ukulele house chores just don't seem to get done anymore.

ukulelezo
01-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I have changed my life. It gave me back my voice, confidence and reignited my creative spark. The ukulele community gave me the courage to make some hard decisions and find new love.

Or maybe I was tricked. ;)

aljanny
01-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have a new outlet for learning and creativity for when I get burnt out on schoolwork! It works really well, too! I put down my pencil/paints (art school) and grab the uke which's always sitting handy by my workdesk, and feel mentally rejuvenated! The only problem thereafter is convincing myself it's time to set it back down and put my nose back to the grindstone =)

Chap
01-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Because of the ukulele, I haven't punched any of my co-workers due to stress.
Because of the ukulele, I've learned to appreciate more styles of music.
Because of the ukulele, I'm convinced there are more good people in the world than I used to think there was.
Because of the ukulele, my bank account is empty.

mds725
01-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Because of the ukulele, I've met wornderful people online and in the local ukulele-playing community.
Because of the ukulele, I've learned a lot about Hawaiian music and culture.
Because of the ukulele, I'm making music with other people again.
Because of the ukulele, I'm realizing a long-ago dream of writing songs.

Pueo
01-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have been able to create my own music.
Because of the ukulele, I have learned and connected with the Hawaiian culture in a deep and meaningful way.
Because of the ukulele, I have become closer to my (Hawaiian) wife and her family.
Because of the ukulele, I am able to create, give and receive joy to myself and others.

Tuesday
01-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Because of the ukulele, I sang, out loud, in front of someone, on purpose.
Because of the ukulele, I remembered that making music is supposed to be fun.

pulelehua
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Because of the ukulele, I now share music, instead of just teaching it.

cornfedgroove
01-04-2011, 08:37 AM
because of the ukulele, it's easier to pick up hot chicks

RyanMFT
01-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have made some incredible friends at home and around the world.

Because of the ukulele, I feel like I am part of something really cool.

Because of the ukulele, I play music that bring a lot of joy into my heart!

Pippin
01-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Because of ukulele... I have had the opportunity to meet some incredibly talented people and made lots of new friends.

Howlin Hobbit
01-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Because of the ukulele... my right arm isn't longer than my left (from carting around that huge, heavy guitar case).

Because of the ukulele... I have people from all over the place recognizing me when they see me on the street. (This can be a mixed blessing.)

Because of the ukulele... I have discovered my musical niche, and I'm quite happy in the little space.

bbycrts
01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Because of the ukulele I have the most amazing group of friends I could ever have imagined - people I truly care about.

bbycrts
01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Because of the ukulele... my right arm isn't longer than my left (from carting around that huge, heavy guitar case).

Because of the ukulele... I have people from all over the place recognizing me when they see me on the street. (This can be a mixed blessing.)

Because of the ukulele... I have discovered my musical niche, and I'm quite happy in the little space.

HH! Great to see you in here!

jaysonestrada
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
because of the ukulele i met my gf shannel and i have become very popular in my school

Uncle Rod Higuchi
01-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Because of the ukulele I am able to reach out and make a positive contribution to the lives of others.

Ditto because of UkuleleUnderground.com.

Keep uke'in' Everyone!

Uncle Leroy
01-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Because of the ukulele, I have peace of mind for a couple hours a day.
Because of the Ukulele, I have met some great people.
Because of the Ukulele, I have been able to beat my gambling addiction.

Jane
01-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Because of the ukulele, my vacation plans have changed (must include a ukulele festival).
Because of the ukulele, my happiness quotient has increased tremendously.
Because of the ukulele, I have posted on a forum (never thought that would happen).

Plainsong
01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Because of ukulele, I have music in my life every day once again.

raecarter
01-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Because of the ukulele I have regained my love of playing live music

OldePhart
01-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Because of the ukulele I have let my guitars get really, really dusty...

John

andywergedal
01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Because of the ukulele I am sane... no really. I spent 2.5 years working in the middle east. The ukulele was my escape from the pressure of the job and the culture. I played guitar until then, but ukes travel much better. Now, I can barely play a guitar, but I rock on the uke.

ombracorta
01-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Because of the the ukulele a restarted playing music, singing and composing songs.
Now playing ukulele for my son is the first activity in my free time!

Penguinofsorts
01-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have rediscovered my joy of playing and listening to music, I have made MANY new friends (St. Louis Ukulele Group and The Ukulele Fight Club of Greater St. Louis), I have played in front of a microphone and people for the first time and I just seem to overall enjoy myself a lot more!!

Chris Tarman
01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have made an impact on someone's life whom I've never met in person. I've posted videos of myself playing and singing solo on youtube (not that interesting to do on a bass guitar). I've learned a lot more about chords and harmony than I had ever learned in 30 years as a bass player. I also have yet ANOTHER topic of conversation with which to bore strangers and/or make them think I am a raging eccentric. As if I didn't have that going for me ALREADY. I have another thing to collect, and daydream about collecting. And because of the ukulele, I have fulfilled my long-time dream of owning a vintage Martin. Of course, in the original version of that dream it was a D-28. But I never was all that good a guitar player, and I have enjoyed playing ukulele way more than I ever really enjoyed playing guitar.

UncleElvis
01-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Because of the ukulele I don't smoke any more.

Because of the ukulele I have a whole new family...

Because of the ukulele I have a new obsession!

And it's one that I can KIND OF afford...

and one that doesn't waste time.

Every second playing the ukulele is time spent improving...

Faricelli
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have met Seeso, and somehow convinced him to be my boyfriend.

cletus
01-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have met Seeso, and somehow convinced him to be my boyfriend.

Okay, Okay!:stop:

Raygf
01-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Because of the ukulele I have met some of the finest people on the planet.

ksiegel
01-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Because of the ukulele, I can make music again after tearing a tendon in my left arm. (What I do with the guitar now only approximates music, and it still hurts my arm).

because of the ukulele, I'm making music around other people again, and sharing their music with them as well.

-Kurt

HaileISela
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Because of the Ukulele, I travelled around the planet to meet a kind of family that I'd never had known without it. I would not sing. People would still say "put that away" when I took out my bagpipes. and I wouldn't have as much to carry around with me all day. did I mention the joy of playing music with people? No? well, just another good reason.

Because of the Ukulele, I met Seeso and Zoe in person and played songs with them^^

itsme
01-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Because of the ukulele, I hardly ever play my guitars these days.

GreatGazukes
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Because of the Ukulele, I can make people grimace, busk for pennies and fribble away the GFC.

France
01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Because of the ukulele, I had something to do when I decided I didn't want to spend my life smoking weed all day everyday anymore.

Because of the ukulele...what he said. And now I can play music while my two girls sing and dance to it. Unreal.

ukulele-melee
01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Because of the ukulele I have many new friends and have built several instruments, both electric and acoustic ukes and 2 Reverie Harps.

haole
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Because of the ukulele, I can only afford to go to community college to further my studies.

Teek
01-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Because of the ukulele, I found joy and music that soothed my soul
And a community of wise and generous and good humored musicians.

Because of the ukulele I dove deeper into music and it's healing power.

Because of the ukulele I am grateful.

Because of the ukulele I essentially have my life back.

mm stan
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Because of then ukulele, I am happy I am here with all of you and made alot of friends....

beergeek
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Because of the ukulele, I am me again.

SuzukHammer
01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Because of the ukulele, I've played 5 straight circle of fifths and lived to tell about it.

brucemoffatt
01-05-2011, 12:30 AM
Because of the ukulele, I gave up the idea of giving up learning music.

I've struggled for years with a burning desire to learn to play music well enough to entertain the family and guests at home. I've tried to learn classical guitar, flute, piano, tin whistle, blues harp (I was almost good at that) mandolin - you name it, I tried to play it. I've learned then forgotten again so much music theory over the years - I'm nearly 58 now - that I could write books on it. Mandolin was the final heartbreaker. I tried for ten years, and I kept plateauing out, then trying to creep up to the next level, and sliding back down to the plateau. Years I literally worked my fingers down past the skin.

Then one day last year, in September - Fathers' Day in Adelaide - my kids gave me a ukulele. A Makala MK-SN, a beautiful little sweet sounding four stringed piece of joy. I can work my way around four strings, and being nylon they don't cut the flesh. The chord shapes are easy to learn, but not so easy as to be boring. There are as many styles of uke playing as there are genres of music, times ten. I'm actually learning. I'm actually having fun. I'm actually making some progress, slowly, joyfully, surely.

If you've seen my videos you'll know I'm no Liberace. But folks I can see improvement every single week.

Because of the uke, I love music again.

narrowuke
01-05-2011, 02:37 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I'm back building instruments again after nearly 4 years :-)

sailboats
01-05-2011, 05:54 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I have started my plans for world domination.

Uke Republic
01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
I feel pretty

Nickie
01-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Great thread! Because of the ukulele, I am no longer a music snob. And I have a hobby that I can do, no matter how crummy the weather is. And my friends think I am 'interesting'. (Not too sure I'm fond of that last one).

DAPuke
01-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I feel prettyOh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and g... nevermind.
I've made friends near and far. And commutcate with peeps all over the planet:)
DAP

Huckleberry
01-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Because of the Ukulele, at 72 years of age, I am expanding my mind in Music Theory. As a bonus I have also made many new friends in several Ukulele groups I've joined.
Just goes to show that your never too YOUNG.

palekie
01-05-2011, 07:35 AM
...my desire for learning music has been rekindled! :)

After pining after a uke for months, when I obtained a uke, all of the sudden, I wanted to play my guitar all the time. Go figure. The good news is that I'm finally logging some hours onto my uke some 9-10 months AFTER buying one! :P

docryf
01-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Because of the Ukulele I'm glad I gave up Television and don't have to buy a licence any more:-)

MiG-19
01-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I can come home from a hard day's work and within five minutes of taking my uke out of its stand, I am once again human and all is right with the World.

Because of the Ukulele, I get requests from my beautiful wife to play a song (funny, she never asks me to play her a song on my banjo...)

luke'nlele
01-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Because of the ukulele, we began learning to play an instrument for the first time in our lives...after we'd turned fifty.
Because of the ukulele, we've gottten to spend many hours together doing something that we both enjoy and we get to look forward to even more.
Because of the ukulele, we've met some great people and we've seen some great performances.
Because of the ukulele, we've gotten to arrange or even write a few songs of our own and we've entered a few contests just for the fun of it.
Because of the ukulele, we now have a You Tube channel and we actually have 56 subscribers!!! ( We've gotten hysterical every time we've seen that we have a new subscriber!!!)
Because of the ukulele, we're having a blast!!!

Plainsong
01-05-2011, 11:11 AM
I'll co-write that theory book with you. It'll be lots of blank pages. :)

Because of the ukulele, I gave up the idea of giving up learning music.

I've struggled for years with a burning desire to learn to play music well enough to entertain the family and guests at home. I've tried to learn classical guitar, flute, piano, tin whistle, blues harp (I was almost good at that) mandolin - you name it, I tried to play it. I've learned then forgotten again so much music theory over the years - I'm nearly 58 now - that I could write books on it. Mandolin was the final heartbreaker. I tried for ten years, and I kept plateauing out, then trying to creep up to the next level, and sliding back down to the plateau. Years I literally worked my fingers down past the skin.

Then one day last year, in September - Fathers' Day in Adelaide - my kids gave me a ukulele. A Makala MK-SN, a beautiful little sweet sounding four stringed piece of joy. I can work my way around four strings, and being nylon they don't cut the flesh. The chord shapes are easy to learn, but not so easy as to be boring. There are as many styles of uke playing as there are genres of music, times ten. I'm actually learning. I'm actually having fun. I'm actually making some progress, slowly, joyfully, surely.

If you've seen my videos you'll know I'm no Liberace. But folks I can see improvement every single week.

Because of the uke, I love music again.

redheadedali
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Because of the ukulele, I get to indulge my years-old rock star fantasies, even if it's just in my living room :).

AquaM
01-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Because of the ukulele, I had something to love with all my heart when the bf (who gave it to me) dumped me. It is my "love child."
Because of the ukulele, my friends continue thinking I'm "unique"... they don't know what they're missing!
Because of the ukulele, I can transport myself to another land, and leave this icky reality.

BadLands Bart
01-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Because of the ukulele, I can stop being jealous of people who can play an instrument and can talk to them about playing music.

Dane
01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Because of the ukulele I have nails on my right hand that people often reference to cocaine use.

70sSanO
01-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Because of the ukulele I have read 87 posts from people all over the world who love that little 4 stringed instrument as much as I do.

PS... I think it is amazing to see how world-wide this love really is!

John

bexxie
01-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Because of the ukulele I spend less time in the kitchen cooking healthy food and more time phoning for take-out ( means more freed up time to play ) X

thejumpingflea
01-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Because of the ukulele I have nails on my right hand that people often reference to cocaine use.

Hehe.

;)

ukeeku
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Because of the ukulele, I can go many places all over the US and stay at peoples houses and jam out all night. (Thank you Sally)

lordlogan
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Because of the ukulele i smile

Eavorclear
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have a better understanding of music theory, and how chord progressions work.
Also, I can write love songs to get el ladies.

marymac
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have a better understanding of music theory, and how chord progressions work.
Also, I can write love songs to get el ladies.

I think it would be las ladies (el is masculine!)

Hippie Dribble
01-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have a friend who lifts me up when I am down. :)

Niffler
01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Because of my ukulele, i want to buy a lot more of them and i'm totally bankrupt :D

Chris Tarman
01-06-2011, 05:03 PM

We've been meaning to talk to you about that...

Ukuleleblues
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Because of the uke I've met some really nice and interesting folks.
Because of the uke I now have friends that I have more in common with than working at the same place.
Because of the uke I can play 102 songs from memory
Because of the uke I can play a harmonica, bass and lap steel.
Because of the uke I think of a kazoo as an instrument.
Because of the uke my wife and I have our own band.
Because of the uke the stuff that used to rest heavy on me I don't even think about.

Dane
01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
We've been meaning to talk to you about that...

yes but it makes me play faster

Fuzzy
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I think it would be las ladies (el is masculine!)Maybe he's in to that sort of thing...

experimentjon
01-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Because of the ukulele, I'm the life of the party.

jamdead
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have long finger nails.

OldePhart
01-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Because of the ukulele, I polish my fingernails!

Nothing like a little one-upmanship, eh? LOL

John

jungleturtle
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Because of the ukulele, I've overcome my songwriting block!

I love this thread--very positive! :-)

Eavorclear
01-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I think it would be las ladies (el is masculine!)

Hah, yes I know.
Just a bit of dry humor! :P

Bosconian91
01-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Because of the ukulele, I no longer watch TV as much as I used to.

peterp
01-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Because of the ukulele, I stopped buying guitars.

jamdead
01-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Because of the ukulele, I polish my fingernails!

Nothing like a little one-upmanship, eh? LOL

John

Because of the ukulele, I am shopping for nail hardener that isn't too glossy. Lol....but true.

chris3794
01-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Because of the ukulele, i'm more known as "the guy with an ukulele" than chris.

TCK
01-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Because of the Ukulele, I get to spend even more "quality time" with my wife.

austin1
01-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Because of the ukulele, I'm going to Illinois tomorrow. hooray!

Chris Tarman
01-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Because of the ukulele, I am shopping for nail hardener that isn't too glossy. Lol....but true.

If you find one, let me know what it is!

Fuzzy
01-09-2011, 09:58 AM
If you find one, let me know what it is!"Healthy Hoof" Intensive Protein Treatment, manufactured by Gena. www.aiibeauty.com

ichadwick
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Because of the ukulele, I ended up with a house full of musical instruments instead of a new Triumph motorcycle in the garage...

Because of the ukulele, I revitalized my passion for playing music on stringed instrument (at the expense of the shakuhachi I had been struggling to learn).

Because of the ukulele, I rekindled an old friendship by giving him one of my ukes.

Because of the ukulele, I learned to play and appreciate songs my parents knew in the 30s.

CoLmes
01-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I've been meaning to answer this one..

1. Met a girl and had a baby. Even if me and the girl didn't work out, Kenzie is the best thing in my life.
2. Taught lessons to a stranger even though I knew I wasn't ready to do such a thing, but because I tried it she hired me as a photographer and got my photography career restarted and I realized I could do photography professionally.
3. I have helped maintain 2 uke groups in PA, and have met a lot of new friends from it.
4. Started an idea and it grew into a mini jam where people gather every night to play the uke.
5. Because of the jam, I stayed at an awesome ladies house in Cali for my first uke fest.
6. Went to the middle of no where to jam uke with strangers for three days.
7. Have gotten through a million things that I probably couldn't have.

lambchop
01-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Love this thread!

Beause of the ukulele I - where do I start? I got to make a couple of popualr songs, I am gigging now more than I ever have and developing a local following, have made a couple o blogs about it, have been featured in my local paper because of it, am teaching ukulele, meeting people online and in person because of it, and, most important, having a wonderful time playing it!

Chap
01-12-2011, 06:27 AM
"Healthy Hoof" Intensive Protein Treatment, manufactured by Gena. www.aiibeauty.com

Also: OPI Nail Envy - Matte http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Nail-Envy-Matte/dp/B001D0AH8Q/ref=sr_1_7?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1294853168&sr=1-7

AndrewZero
01-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Because of the ukulele I- have found an escape

UkeSoCrazy
01-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Because of the ukulele I can turn frowns into smiles.
Because of the ukulele I can turn strangers into friends.
Because of the ukulele I have instant access to uncomplicated joy.

PS: This thread has given me a nice case of perma grin... Thanks. :D

freedive135
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Because of the ukulele, I stopped buying guitars.

Because of the Ukulele I have been able to live a life long dream of learning to play "Surf Guitar" music... so now I am buying guitars too!!!

Woodfire
10-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Because of the ukulele, I'm getting complaints from my neighbour at 1 am.

vanflynn
10-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Because of the ukulele my blood pressure is down.
Because of the ukulele I am back to making music and improving.
Because of the ukulele a person who needed an acoustic guitar got one.

aspieman456
10-25-2011, 08:07 AM
Because of the ukulele, I now have a hobby to keep me busy.

Trinimon
10-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Because of the ukulele, I'm on UU 24/7! :p

philpot
10-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Because of the ukulele, I rekindled my love for music, got 3 friends so far to play, spent more money than I ever would've dreamed of on a small piece of wood, learned how much people underestimate certain instruments, and will HOPEFULLY be teaching ukulele lessons soon :)

beginnerukeman143
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Because of the Ukulele, I now can finally be proud of myself about something.

Because of the Ukulele, I am not as stressed because it is a great stress reliever :D

ckellogg
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Because of the ukulele, I gained the confidence to take control of my body and my life, am finally getting healthy for the first time, and was able to stand up to an abusive bully at work who made all of our lives hell. I now have a new job and a whole new outlook on life.

This is the best thread on UU!

ukuleledaveey
10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Because of the ukulele.... I finally found the instrument i was meant to learn and play, I have perfomed live and joined a great uke club, I have found the perfect stress relief and better than any yoga or meditation.Also obsessed with all things Uke and BECAUSE OF THE UKULELE I have found all the wonderfully helpfull and talented people on this forum :)

fabioponta
10-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Because of the ukulele... I finally forgot how to play acoustic guitar!

ukemunga
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Because of the ukulele... I vowed to quit staring at this damn computer almost every waking hour and get a life.

But, here I am staring at this damn computer!

With a uke in my lap, while I browse the forums and watch/learn Youtube tutorials, and keep adding songs to my Chordie.com songbook.

:)

kaizersoza
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
because of the ukulele.....they make fun of me in work calling me George Formby in a derogatory way, secretly i love them calling me after him coz he is a LEGEND ;o)

mm stan
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Because of the ukulele....it has brought happiness in my life...and met a whole bunch of awesome friends here on UU and friends everywhere....I am deeply humbled by this instrument.

TCK
10-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Because of the ukulele....it has brought happiness in my life...and met a whole bunch of awesome friends here on UU and friends everywhere....I am deeply humbled by this instrument.
Bless up Stan-o, Ditto that

Gillian
10-25-2011, 09:00 PM
In addition to meeting real good uke people, both in the flesh and online...

I stopped biting my fingernails!:)

JanineH
10-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have met my soul-mate.

The fact that he's also an awesome u-bass player and makes the band complete is a bonus :)

garyg
10-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Because........I found that I could learn a musical instrument in middle age.

Skuhrt
10-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Because of the ukulele, I feel inspiration & joy again!
Because of UU, I feel I have friends I've never met ;)

gyosh
10-27-2011, 06:51 AM
Because of the ukulele . . . hundreds of 10th grade English essays get ignored every day.

Dominator
10-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Because of the Ukulele....I've had the pleasure to meet many of you.

joeybug
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Because of the Ukulele....I have a way to make music again that even crappy lungs can't take away :D

Couloirman
10-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have a lot less money than I did before! But I have a lot more fun too.

PelicanUkuleles
10-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have written a new song!

mascompro
10-27-2011, 03:35 PM
Because of the Ukulele, My midlife crises hasn't cost me as much as a corvette............................yet.

wolfybau
10-27-2011, 05:06 PM
great thread!

because of the ukulele , ditto to many of these on here! able to play an instrument again when guitar hurts, learning hawaiian music and others, great new friends, etc etc

because of the ukulele, i was able to play music with my daughter

because of the ukulele, i still have hope

mattydee
10-27-2011, 05:17 PM
...I am happy, for at least a little while, every day.

consitter
10-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have a much fuller life. There's nothing like helping my seven year old girl strum the strings while I make the notes on the fretboard. She smiles all the way to her eyes. I just wish that she could talk, so I knew what she was thinking. Maybe someday...

marymac
10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Because of the Ukulele, My midlife crises hasn't cost me as much as a corvette............................yet.
:rotfl:
Ain't that the truth!

RawrGazzawrs
10-27-2011, 10:07 PM
I have met some people and have a new hobby that I will continue having for life :)

NordicUke
10-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Because of the ukulele, I stopped playing Guitar Hero...and will be spending the rest of my life trying to be an ukulele hero...

That's exactly what happened to me too, Guitar hero was mocking me saying things like "Why not play a real instrument, douche?"
And I was like "It's on!".

Because of the Ukulele, I have rekindled my love for music!

PedalFreak
10-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Because of the ukulele my bank account is smaller :D

Dan Uke
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Because of the ukulele I spend less time with my kids...Next step is to teach them how to play. LOL

Markr1
10-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Because of the ukulele I don't have much money anymore and now minus a couple of Gibson guitars.

Ken Middleton
10-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Because of the ukulele, I have a job that I absolutely love. ;)

I was going to say the same thing as Matt.

Uncle Leroy
10-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Update,
Because of the Ukulele I have met a beautiful women who also plays the ukulele.

olgoat52
10-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Because of ukulele, I met Seeso, Alex, U-Rob, Lynne, Terry, Henry, Rob-F, Sukie, Mainland Mike and Tookta, Lisa, Erica, Dave, Pete, Matt, Kim and Rich (miss you guys.. ),Ramrod, Uncle E!, Yopp, Jen, Bonita, Thom and David, Joni, Kevin, Normal Tim, Derrick, Shawn, Bhatt, Duncan, Jeffery, Jerry H. Chuch Moore, Dominator, Jon P. Lola R. SuzyQ, and Zoe. All in 15 months and in person. May not seem much to you guys, but it has meant a lot to me. Thanks you all. <snark>(No snark.. did you notice??)</snark>

kamaka_4_life
10-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Because of the ukulele, I love music! :o

mandrew
10-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Because of the ukulele, I am poorer, content, and have a wife who cut up the credit cards. . . . . . (probably not a bad move).

rook
10-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Because of the Uke I am playing more songs than I ever could on the guitar :rock:

Sambient
10-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Because of the ukulele being played upside down, like I do, in a facebook photo when checking out an old familiar name that had shown up on a friend's post, I contacted my 4th grade sweetheart via said social network in July.

Wound up leaving my old life behind. We're blissfully happy.

sugengshi
10-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Because of the Ukulele, I found back my love for music and could play music together with my children.