Your Musical Goals for 2011

Captain_Lovehandles

Reaction score
On day one of this year I realized I have already set some ambitious goals for the year.

Musical goals:
1) Write at least 5 more songs. (Halfway through with the first one)
2) Have fun and progress some at melodica and stylophone. (Stylo is on the way, as well as a new melodica mouthpiece extender)
3) Learn to play musical saw. (In progress - anybody got a spare violin or cello bow?)
4) Give away 4 ukes to friends and relatives. (I just finished that one this AM)
5) Finish my Mainland CBU (got A LOT done over holidays)
6) Start a southside ATL jam (in planning stage)
7) Form a band - maybe

Non-musical goals:
1) Find a publisher/agent for the children's book I finished in 2010, and for the one I'm working on now.
2) Draw more
3) Purr more, hiss less (okay - that's Howlin' Hobbit's line, but I like it)

That's me - how 'bout you?

Musical Goals:
Finish my second FAWM (February Album Writing Month (all y'all songwriters/potential songwriters should try it).
Perform at least 3 solo sets somewhere.
Shamelessly promote my work.
Utilize effects pedals with my uke.
Fix that banjo uke thats been sitting behind the couch for 2+ years.
Get an acoustic/electric guitar.

Non-Musical Goals:
Win.

Wow, you are much more ambitous then I am. My goal is to learn and be proficeint playing one new song a month on my accordion and just to keep picking up the ukulele. The uke is so fun and easy I know I will keep playing it, whereas the accordion I need more discipline, particularly since I just quit formal lessons. Oh yeah and to not give in to UAS until next Christmas.
Roxhum

I agree Roxhum...way above me too....

My goals for this year are to :-
1 Continue my barre chord training...(yep go through the pain barrier)
2 Carry on learning scales
3 Study more chord progressions standard and diff forms (may involve a purchase from uke hunt)
4 Really want to do at least one of my own songs
5 If finance permits lash out on an a KoAloha (tenor or Sunday)

I've also put them in order of realistic attainment but would love to achieve them all

Chris

Tabs proficiency wiil be HUGE for this uker.

My musical goals for 2011:

1) Continual encouragement & support of the musical advancement of my daughter.
2) Re-kindling my love of guitar playing.
3) Continual advancement of my Ukulele playing, and adding more to my list of songs to play.
4) Continue to be an advocate of music, Ukulele specifically with our local youth.

It's this time every year I'm reminded of how awesome the Uke Minutes are...I went through about ten last night, and its pretty disgusting the chops that Aldrine has, but pretty rad that the UU guys can sum it up in 3 minutes for free.

I'm gonna try to go over them more...other than that

I wanna work on my scales again, try some more flamenco, and maybe to actually finish a few originals.

that golpe thing is too dang hard:)

My musical goals:

Perform at two open mic nights.
Learn one song each month.
Rehab a CBU with son and give it to him. (That's not really musical, but since it's uke related I listed it)

Guitar goals:
1. Learn to read music with a guitar (reading music is no problem. The guitar part is the toughy)
2. Convince myself I don't need another one

Uke goals:
1. Keep having fun!
2. Perhaps teach my little sister to play. She's got the music in her and we could have a ball I bet

Stop responding to "what are your goals for the new year" threads.

Doh! Blew it already! :biglaugh:

I'm kind of leaning toward trying to find a worthy new owner to adopt my Taylor, so I can buy a really nice baritone uke while keeping my "goal" of not increasing the size of my stable. I love my Taylor but play it less and less often because of beginnings of arthritis - I'm thinking maybe it's time to pry my "emotional fingers" from around its neck... :)

John

My goals:
- Re-watch Aldrine's uke minutes
- Get a better understanding of music theory (anyone able to suggest a good book for this?)
-Start saving a new uke a Pono MPTSH-5 to be specific
-Learn and get better at the ukulele!

Be decent enough to play whatever I can imagine

I do this every year. One year I actually did the things I said I would.

Here are some of mine for 2011 (I'm still working on the rest)

Music (these are sort of in order):
1. Learn to play ukulele (the definitions are still subjective)
2. Play with my family (both in my house and a holiday gatherings)
3. Learn to play harmonica (again learning and playing are subjective terms)
4. Learn to play bass
5. Join a band

Writing:
1. Do NaNoEdMo in March
2. Submit my NaNoWriMo 2010 novel to a publisher

Health
1. Finish P90
2. Bike commute as often as possible (100 times)

Family
1. Pay more attention to family finances (my wife gave me this one)
2. Quarterly Date nights
3. Weekly Game Night
4. New Pet

Scouting
1. Commissioner Key
2. Archaeology Merit Badge Clinic

Work
1. Don't get laid off
2. Get a Promotion

Simple. Just keep working at playing like Jake, Aldrine, and Ken. I am 73, so not sure I have enough years left :) Truthfully? Just to keep Strummin, hummin, and pickin to my heart's content. Every time I pick up my uke, it is a joy picker upper. Lozark

10 ukulele etudes composed.

For me it will be some new originals, and learn some Kalei's songs (I need to know how to play that Mach 4 ^^)

Top Bottom