Palm Guitars in Amsterdam

DukeOfUkes

Reaction score
Another sunny afternoon walking by the canals & I come across a small shop called Palm Guitars.
I had heard the name in a few of the more rocking joints I had been to & it had been described to me as a museum for stringed instruments & I can say that it certainly lives up to that!
It is a small store with barely any room to move thanks to the huge array of guitars, upright basses, mandolins, banjos, resonators & of course Ukuleles, lining the walls & propped up against every free surface! The gentleman that runs the place has a true love of stringed instruments & he repairs as many as he sells in a small workshop in the back.
He had a number of vintage Ukes including a Gibson from the 1920′s; by far the oldest piece I have ever laid eyes on. There was also a Portuguese cavaquinho, some great banjoleles , & even a few resonators with his shops logo on the headstock!
Besides that he has a number of weird & wonderful stringed instruments from all over the world that he has collected in his travels.
The next time you are in Amsterdam make sure to look up the shop. It will be well worth your time!

Spinning out in Amsterdam, I love that country, they are just crazy, but a good crazy....I know, I work for Dutchies.

I am lucky that I get to travel a lot for work & I'm always on the lookout for like minded ukers!

Another sunny afternoon walking by the canals & I come across a small shop called Palm Guitars.
I had heard the name in a few of the more rocking joints I had been to & it had been described to me as a museum for stringed instruments & I can say that it certainly lives up to that!
It is a small store with barely any room to move thanks to the huge array of guitars, upright basses, mandolins, banjos, resonators & of course Ukuleles, lining the walls & propped up against every free surface! The gentleman that runs the place has a true love of stringed instruments & he repairs as many as he sells in a small workshop in the back.
He had a number of vintage Ukes including a Gibson from the 1920′s; by far the oldest piece I have ever laid eyes on. There was also a Portuguese cavaquinho, some great banjoleles , & even a few resonators with his shops logo on the headstock!
Besides that he has a number of weird & wonderful stringed instruments from all over the world that he has collected in his travels.
The next time you are in Amsterdam make sure to look up the shop. It will be well worth your time!

Thanks for your post. Neat web site. Check out their Palm Radio.

Top Bottom