MGM in mourning Sumo da uke dog passes

MGM

Reaction score
My beloved companion of 8 years Sumo my Yorkie Terrier passed away this morning from heart failure, He loved ukuleles and never once ever tried to chew one up. I am saddened and hurting.

20090414_2944_edited-1.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear that, I've been there...they just don't last long enough. My 'avatar' "Nena" just turned 9. We hope to get another year with her.
DAP

So sorry, Mike. It is sad to lose our good friends. RIP Sumo.

So very sorry for your loss. My sister-in-law has had a series of Silkie Terriers over the years... each one with a different personality. At least it was from natural causes... she used to hike with hers, and bigger dogs were a danger on the trail. A ukulele loving dog without chewing danger was indeed a very special companion.
–Lori

Mike so sorry to hear this sad news.... What a cute little companion Sumo was.. I hope Sumo is uking with some of the greats until you two meet again...

Thank you for sharing with us your loss. I am very sorry. Was Sumo just 8 years old, that is way too young. Did you know Sumo had a heart condition or was this sudden/a surprise. Geez now I am tearing up.

Roxhum

What a cute little fellow! Sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hard it can be. Our cat is 18 and still quite ornery, but I know she won't be with us forever.

But when you're ready, you know in your heart of hearts that Sumo would want you to give another deserving doggie a chance at a good home like he had.

What a sweet little fellow. So sad. I feel your loss. We have lost several of our loved dogs over the years. Always hard to take. Our current is an Australian Shepherd, so spoiled I have to cook her a pancake every morning. Condolences. Lozark

So sorry to hear about Sumo, Mike. It's always so hard to lose a dog - they're so easy to bond with and such constant companions that it's heartbreaking when they die. I know Sumo will be missed.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. We have an 'inherited' toy poodle, Rex Thewonderdog (formerly Pierre) who is 14 and a bit creaky. They are family members, not pets. My condolences Mike.

Mike, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Animals really do occupy a special place in our hearts. I know when my cat passed away I was devastated. One thing that helped me was "Rainbow Bridge." I hope it provides you a small degree of comfort as well.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Sorry to hear that. Good friends are hard to find.

Sorry to hear that, Michael! Dogs manage to wriggle their way into your heart like nothing else.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog Mike. They are some of the best friends we can EVER have. It feels so empty when they leave us. Sending you my warmest support....

I'm so sorry for your loss. But I'm happy for you, that for 8 years you had all that love. I know your heart hurts a lot now, but that's because Sumo made it so big. Be gentle with yourself, and take your time to heal.

I'm sorry Mike.

Top Bottom