My Mya Moe is done!!!

Nuprin

Reaction score
Very excited...just got a message from Gordon & Char saying my Mya Moe has been completed. They are "really, really pleased with how it turned out" and they "loved the looks from the beginning, but the tone is at least an equal match" in their opinion. Should be shipped out on Thursday.

Specs:
Solid curly myrtle tenor cutaway
Maple body & fretboard binding
Radiused ebony fretboard (will be my first uke with a radiused fretboard...really interested to see how it plays)
Graphite-reinforced hand-shaped Mahogany neck
Abalone inlays
Signature Leopardwood and Maple headplate
Dovetail neck/body joint
Geared machine head tuners
Hand-rubbed oil finish

Cannot wait to get it in my hands! Here are a few pictures...

MyaMoe7.jpg

MyaMoe8.jpg

MyaMoe9.jpg

MyaMoe10.jpg

Here is a link to Mya Moe's UkeTracker which shows their steps as well as some build-in-process pictures.

Looks awesome, dude. You have to get a video up asap as soon as you get it. Interested to see how the myrtle sounds.

Yeah, I know. I have them in my Twitter feed. ;)

Your wood combo has me on the fence about my dreamed-of Mya-Moe. I wanted a blondie type mango concert. But I waffle about the blinged out versus not. If I go bling, I want maple/maple, but is that not really good visually with mango? But myrtle is only a little brighter sonically, and there you have that blond wood going on with the maple/maple binding, which is the look I want if I go blinged-out.

When my time comes I know Gordon and Char will help me narrow it down, but thanks for choosing that combo. It helps me visualize my dream uke. :)

And if you don't post pics when it arrives, I suggest that banning should be mandatory. ;)

Nuprin, you have a nack for choosing great wood combinations and accents on your ukes. First the boat paddle, then the MP, and now this. Congrats and Happy New Year.

I've been stalking your uke on Twitter for a while. It looks absolutely fantastic! Has the grain of koa and the neat coloring of mango. I can see why myrtle is becoming popular for Mya-Moe lately!

DANG! That is beautiful! Now I know why you sold me the Gstring. Making way for the Mya-Moe. It is just incredibly beautiful. Can't wait to hear it, Chris.

So... now I have to decide - when I order my custom this year - will it be a Mya-Moe or a Moore Bettah?!

Aloha Nuprin, that baby is sweet. Congratulations!

DANG! That is beautiful! Now I know why you sold me the Gstring. Making way for the Mya-Moe. It is just incredibly beautiful. Can't wait to hear it, Chris.

So... now I have to decide - when I order my custom this year - will it be a Mya-Moe or a Moore Bettah?!

Both! I'm on Chuck's waiting list with an estimated June or July start date.

Looks awesome, dude. You have to get a video up asap as soon as you get it. Interested to see how the myrtle sounds.

Already got a song picked out...something I've been working on for the past month or so. In the meantime, you can always hear Matt Dahlberg's (aka thejumpingflea) myrtle Mya Moe tenor...I love this video.

Nuprin, you have a nack for choosing great wood combinations and accents on your ukes. First the boat paddle, then the MP, and now this. Congrats and Happy New Year.

Thank you...I give all credit to the luthiers...I come up with a rough idea and they make it pretty!

Already got a song picked out...something I've been working on for the past month or so. In the meantime, you can always hear Matt Dahlberg's (aka thejumpingflea) myrtle Mya Moe tenor...I love this video.

Hey thanks! I love my Mya Moe and I'm sure you'll love yours too. Congrats!!

wow Nuprin. Now THAT is gorgeous!!! The perfect looking uke. Mine isn't down to be built til June but I'm going a concert with curly myrtle and maple binding too. Now I know why I've chosen that mix. Man you've got a wonderful looking uke there. Congratulations!!! Can't wait for the video...:)

Aloha Nuprin,
It's beautiful, congrats .....You so much deserve it...Have fun and enjoy....thanks for sharing and sharing the in depth process sheet....I am even more amazed by Mya Moe now, no wonder they are
so busy...and have such a big following....hats off to both of you!! Happy Strummings.. MM Stan..:iwant:

Top Bottom