First Annual Appleby Gardens gig

Ron

Reaction score
Our landlords have a lovely house and gardens - just 80 metres across an orchard from our cottage. We live down a quiet road in the country.

Friends from Dunedin, The Saddle Hill Billies played the Tui Folk fest here this year. To give them a little gas money we organised an exclusive gig on the landlords' lawn on the proviso that The Ukes of Hazard opened for them.
Just 50 tickets. Beautiful day. About 65 paid in the end. People really respected the place and when they all left you wouldn't known they'd been there. Most of the audience live with 3 km of our place. Saddle Hill Billys were great and people said the UofH were just as good. From proceeds the band got paid; we bought a present for the hosts; Ukes got a few bucks for our efforts and all costs covered. Brulliunt. Looks like an annual event has been born.

Attachments

• Kennedy's.jpg
    Kennedy's.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Saddle Hill Billies.jpg
    Saddle Hill Billies.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Aloha Ron,
Looks like a fun day and event...thanks for sharing...Happy Strummings, MM Stan...

Great! I am green with envy.

Great! I am green with envy.

It really was easy to organise. Just got the landlord to offer her garden and walked around the neighbour hood inviting everyone. People turned up with their own chairs and blankets and lunch. Girls used the toilets inside, boys used the orchard.

It was so small I was able to stand on stage and just say "if you haven't paid yet, please be sure to give me youtr $20 before you go" knowing everyone would.

Top Bottom