Kanilea 2011 prices go up

FYI All, there is 10% off on Kanileas at Acoustic Vibes. I'm assuming it's last years MSRPs.

Most will announce price raises at Namm I know Kiwayas are going up as of now. You will see kala prices rasing approximately 5% to 10% from street prices.

Last edited:
glad i just got mine....couldn't pass up on the cyber sale from mgm!

Most will announce price raises at Namm I know Kiwayas are going up as of now. You will see kala prices rasing approximately 5% to 10% from street prices.

That is why I expanded my collection last year. Without a doubt, ukulele prices will keep going up with demand.

That is why I expanded my collection last year. Without a doubt, ukulele prices will keep going up with demand.

Glad I bought my Kiwayas this year as well!

Oh no, not another 'justification' for UAS!

MGM, will this affect the Paulele prices as well?

Keep uke'in',

The K-1 UV Tenor MSRP is now $1,160.00.

When I bought mine in Summer 2008, the MSRP was just $910.

Thats an increase of $250 over 2.5 years.

Doing a crude and extremely simplistic extrapolation, your Kanilea will rise in value $100 every year you keep it! If you buy at today's prices, that's over a 8.5% RoA annually...in line with the long-run S&P average! I've seen similar trends with the other ukulele manufacturers' wares too. Invest in ukuleles! UAS on overdrive, guys! :p

Disclaimer: This does not constitute actual investment advise. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. Etc, etc.
Disclosure: Jonathan Fung holds multiple positions in ukuleles. :)

There's a similar trend in automatic watches. Makes me wish I hadn't sold my Sinn 356 UTC. Now I'll have to buy a new one at a huge markup.

Wow, a K2 tenor UV finish is now $1342 and I paid under $1K for mine in December of 2008!

Last edited:
Top Bottom