Woo hoo! New Ukulele on its way!

Turtle

Reaction score
I've been wanting to buy a concert sized ukulele. I finally settled on the Kala KA KCG CT Koa Cedartop Concert Ukulele gloss cs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250751741202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I bought it from Music Guy Mike (I have never bought from MGM before but based upon all the great reviews I have heard on the forums, I had zero hesitation. I just got through making my Pay Pal payment. Woo Hoo! new uke on it's way.

Happy Ukulele Cheers,

-Turtle

That's a sweet uke. Yay for you!!!
DAP

I bought the same uke from MGM last spring. It sounds nice - a little guitar like (because of the cedar) and quite loud. Since then, I've played a lot of Kalas. I think this is their best sounding ukulele - even better than the solid mahogany ones. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. BTW-I received mine from MGM in two days!! All the way from Hawaii to Maine.

I saw one of those in person in Denver this summer and thought it was GORGEOUS! I wish they made a soprano version of it.

Congrats on the new uke, and Mike - thanks for the heads up!

That was my first uke purchased from MGM as well! It is pretty sweet - bet you will love it.

that is beautiful! Make sure to tell us how it sounds!

Aloha Turtle,
Congrats on your new Kala ...Have fun and enjoy....Isn't Mike great!! Thanks for sharing....Happy Strummings. MM Stan

Turtle,
That is great, Mike's service is the best. Hope you like your uke.

Congrats on your new uke!!! MGM is one of the best and you will be very happy! Don't forget to post some pics!

Thanks for all the great responses. I hadn't realized that the cedar top/ koa Kala had gotten so many great reviews. I had been mostly going by my own thoughts about what a good intermediate ukulele might consist of and the sound clip MGM had up on youtube for this model. Now I am really stoked! I am still pretty new at the ukulele though I have played guitar at an intermediate level for many years. While I mostly play folk and traditional music on the guitar, my ukulele playing has been mostly centered on learning classical music. I have been working through Wilifred Welti's ebook and John King's excellent material. I am definitely a novice but having a great deal of fun. While working on John King's book I realized I really needed a little more finger room. I think this Kala will be perfect. I am also again delighted by everyone's enthusiastic endorsement of MGM. (Thanks Mike for the heads-up about upcoming items and for your speedy shipping of my uke!) My Uke is scheduled to be here Monday.

Cheers,

Turtle

Turtle,
Congrats on your new baby. I hope you enjoy it for a long time. Happy pickin'!

Yay! My new Kala has officially arrived on the Mainland and is speeding toward Austin with an anticipated arrival of Monday!

Congrats. That's a great choice. I've played one of those, and it was quite impressive. You'll enjoy it. The concert scale is probably the most fun scale length to play, because you can make all of the stretches, but still have enough space on the fretboard to hit all the notes cleanly. You'll feel like superman playing it. :)

Top Bottom