Am I picking the right ukulele?

Messy_hair

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in the market for a cheap ukulele. I know how to play somewhat play the guitar. I've always wanted and learn to play ukulele and my parents are finally willing to get one. They're shipping in $100 and I'm throwing in an extra $60 to make sure I get a good set up. Right know I've gotten it narrowed down to what I want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Kala-...16224QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262.

I've read around on here and everyone seems to like MGM. All I really I want to know if this is a good enough ukulele for me to learn on and keep for a couple of years intill I can afford a really nice ukulele.

Hi, I'm in the market for a cheap ukulele. I know how to play somewhat play the guitar. I've always wanted and learn to play ukulele and my parents are finally willing to get one. They're shipping in $100 and I'm throwing in an extra $60 to make sure I get a good set up. Right know I've gotten it narrowed down to what I want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Kala-...16224QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262.

I've read around on here and everyone seems to like MGM. All I really I want to know if this is a good enough ukulele for me to learn on and keep for a couple of years intill I can afford a really nice ukulele.

yep, tenor is the way to go. I think its good enough for a few years. My first, infact only, ukulele was a Lanikai Lu-21T and i think its pretty similar to this ukulele. Heck, gutings had his for a while and he makes magic from it. Its a nice ukulele, was my 2nd choice - until i seen guting, and i thought it wud brush onto me

which it didnt..

for the price, u can't go wrong with a kala or lanikai. have em both and i still play em alot. u also can't go wrong with mgm.:music::rock:

Aye, MGM is definitely the way to go. Although, if you like a traditional sounding uke better (plinky-ish I guess) then you may want to look into a Soprano or Concert. Concert is a good beginner uke because you kind of get the best of both Soprano and Tenor. You get a little more room on the fretboard and at the same time you get a little of that traditional sound. Or, if there is a music shop around, maybe go try a few different sizes.

Is there such a thing a a wrong ukulele?

i'd say NO!

I still play with my $25 Hilo soprano, even though I have way nicer ones. It was my first uke, and I'll keep that one for forever. I really don't have that same bond with my other ukuleles.

Well i just wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my money on a POS.

I definitly want a tenor. I "Play" guitar. So I need some thing big. But I don't want a baritone so I figured that tenor would be a good size.

All I have to do is wait for my parents ok to order it and I will be learning ukulele!!!

I usually don't stray off topic :rofl: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but the first time I read the title, I thought this was going to be a discussion about which ukuleles are better for picking and which are better for strumming.

I usually don't stray off topic :rofl: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but the first time I read the title, I thought this was going to be a discussion about which ukuleles are better for picking and which are better for strumming.

same, I thought it was going to be like am I picking the right way??

Top Bottom