What are you playing right now???

mendel

Reaction score
I've found that variety really is the spice of life. I rarely ever learn to play a song perfectly to completion because I get bored!! What are you playing now??? Something fun???

Very Very Fun! "The Pink Panther Theme' by Henry Mancini.

:rock: Thanks Ukulele Mike on youtube!

Ok, ya caught me. I confess. I'm not on the Uke right now. Right now, I am jaming Sweet Home Alabama on my Les Paul... (I'll have to learn it on the Uke too...;))

trying to learn "Desperado" from Dominator's Tabs and numerous youtube videos.

"Making Whoopee" great song for the vocally challenged ....like me.:)

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah, and The Dog Days Are Over (Florence and teh Machine)

finally manned up to post after a long time as a lurker. . .

Been playing "Waves" by Dominator.

Also been enjoyin' "Istanbul, not Constantinople" - it's a fun one to sing!

Ryrod - I've tried Desperado too; it's harder than it appears, I found.

I just played some Stairway to Heaven, some Dock of the Bay, and checked in on some Clapton with the worst rendition of Tears in Heaven that I've ever heard. I messed around with some chords and playe a bit with a C to a C7?, then an F, Am, B and E. I'm off tonight because I'm exhausted so it sounded worse than usual.

A mashup of Let's Dance, Blue Roses Falling, While my guitar gently weeps, and dragon. What i like to call, 'While my dragon gently dances on blue roses"

Trying to figure out this tune, if anyone wants to help I will be much obliged. I tend to focus on 20's and 30's tunes on the uke (although Sunday was SABBATH day)- this version is done by the New Dixie Demons, probably pre 1930. It was also done by about a thousand other folks, most notably Nick Lucas. He also did (wrote?) Tiptoe through the tulips...but I will forgive him as this gets the flappers tassels shakin ;)

Blind Melon 'no rain'

I'm mostly practicing "All My Loving," "When You Wish Upon A Star," "When You're Smiling," and Sophie Madeleine's "You Are My Favourite," and I'm also practicing/developing two original songs. My two Hawaiian ukulele classes begin again in the next couple of weeks, so I'll start practicing the songs we're playing in those classes.

I've been playing "first day of my life" by Bright Eyes. Sounds great on the ukulele and is an easy one to sing.

I wanna grow old with you by adam sandler. real nice tune

Love the song ideas this thread is giving me!

I have a goal of learning (and recording) a new song each week in 2011. Last week's song was PAPER MOON. So now I'm working on RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD (in D tuning on my Gibson Uke 1).

Top Bottom