Finally the Perfect Strings for my Kala Pineapple!

Paul December

Reaction score
My very 1st uke is a Kala novelty pineapple printed soprano from my wife.
While it sounded surprisingly good for its price, the strings never seemed right.
It originally came with GHS strings (enough said there)...
...so I changed them to Aquilas which improved, but seemed a bit shrill. Put on some Worths, which made me miss ghe GHS! :eek:
Finally strung it with the new Fremont Black, high-tension soprano strings and I'm in love. Honestly, it gave my (now gone) Kiwaya KS1 a run-for-money.
BTW, not sure whey they call them "high tension" because they feel a bit lower tension than the Aquilas were.
If you you own this uke (or the Kiwi version), these strings are worth a try.

Last edited:
My very 1st uke is a Kala novelty pineapple printed soprano from my wife.
While it sounded surprisingly good for its price, the strings never seemed right.
It originally came with GHS strings (enough said there)...
...so I changed them to Aquilas which improved, but seemed a bit shrill. Put on some Worths, which made me miss ghe GHS! :eek:
Finally strung it with the new Fremont Black, high-tension soprano strings and I'm in love. Honestly, it give my (now gone) Kiwaya KS1 a run-for-money.
BTW, not sure whey they call them "high tension" because they feel lower tension than the Aquilas were.
If you you own this uke (or the Kiwi version), these strings are worth a try.

Thanks Paul. I own the watermelon version. Where did you buy your strings?

Aloha Paul,
Congrats on the new Kala and finding the right strings and sharing.....gee you got a wonderful supportive wife who supports your ukulele passion....Happy Strummings and Have Fun and Enjoy! MM Stan..

Top Bottom