Best Open Mic Night Ever!

SailQwest

Reaction score
Last night we went to our favorite bar on St. Thomas. The crowd was a mix of locals and tourists, with a few local musicians thrown in.

When we got up for our turn we decided to start off with some Jimmy Buffett (always a crowd pleaser here). Well, the crowd went wild! Folks were whooping and dancing (and giving us money)! After our first three songs, we got a keyboard player to join us. Then the emcee joined us with his cavaquinho. Then along comes a soprano sax...

We ended up playing eight songs before I had to get off the stage—mainly because my hand was killing me! The emcee wanted us to keep going, but I was in serious need of rum (for thirst and painkilling)!

After some others played, the emcee got back up and ask us to come back on stage with him. My hand was still really sore, so I played mainly harp and percussion, trying to keep my uking to a minimum. But we jammed for about another 45 minutes.

For the last song of the evening, the emcee asked me to sing with him. Wow! It was the best open mic night ever!!!

I don't think anyone was recording last night. I brought our camera, but I forgot to ask someone to record with it. D'oh!!!

now u have to go back and do it all over again with the camera on.:D:music:

now u have to go back and do it all over again with the camera on.:D:music:
We'll probably be playing one more open mic night here before we have to escape for hurricane season. I'll make an effort to get someone to record it!

Sounds like it might have to be a regular gig.
Maybe next season, we might try to pick up a gig here and there, between charters... HaHaHa! LMAO! Who am I kidding?!?! But it sure can be a rush to play on stage!

"No pharmaceutical product could ever equal the rush you get when the band hits that groove, the people are dancing, shouting, and swaying, and the house is rocking."—Elwood Blues

Top Bottom