Has this happened to you?

Teek

Reaction score
I got to pull the trigger on a $1300 Kanile'a Custom 3K tenor on fleaBay Sunday night. But it was for my ex who didn't have a working PayPal account and that's all the seller takes.

He was smitten with my deluxe tenor, and I guess had been looking. It's a beauty. It's also coming to my local business mailbox/shipper because his front door isn't safe and it of course also had to be a verified address.

So I get to pick it up, possibly open up the box and case and check it all over, maybe tune it up and pick it a little, and then deliver it (on the way to another location) to it's new owner.

I don't think it will be difficult, I wouldn't swap my $500 less tenor for it, it's just extra bling and I love mine, blingless is fine.

I feel like a uke runner. I have let him play my ukes for free and now I have him hooked.... ;)

Sounds nice Teek, you get to test strum a few songs, nice....It just might hook you too...if it sounds right...My friend on christmas came over with a K5 and it sounded awesome, maybe the best ukulele I've
ever played....I played a few hundred too..it was clean clear and crisp individual notes with a hint of richness...i was jealous...I wish I could afford one of these Kanilea's ....it played so easy and I liked immediately
intonation was spot on up and down the neck....sounded sooo sweet....wait till you hear it until saying I wouldn't switch...it could change your mind immediately like me.....Happy Strummings, MM Stan
Thanks for sharing...

I feel like a uke runner. I have let him play my ukes for free and now I have him hooked.... ;)

Now you will start meeting in smoky dark rooms...trying to buy and sell ukuleles to different characters...always looking for that next pefect uke experience. Soon you'll be chain-playing and looking for gigs, selling your music on street corners...anything for the next thrill of the uke! ::sob!::

UKULELE...my drug of choice!

Last edited:
A bunch of dolphins tied to the inside of your overcoat...

A bunch of dolphins tied to the inside of your overcoat...

Man, that's a great mental image... :biglaugh:

But when I think of the smell... :stop:

"C'mon... just try it one time. All the cool kids play uke. What's the worst thing that could happen?"

I hope you take and post some pics of the custom before you deliver it to its destination. Nothing like a little vicarious living.

I'm pretty sure that TeeK is alright on the custom Uke tip. She's Mommy to that delicious Amy Pineapple that Bradford made. I'm so jealous that I had to commission a Uke from Bradford for myself. I can't wait I imagine that going from a Lanikai Lu-21C to a Bradford Donaldson quality custom will be quite an interesting leap forward!!! I just hope I don't lose my balance and fall headlong into UAS. I made a deal with myself... I will not even consider another Uke until I have my custom in hand. I imagine that once I have it, it will satisfy my Jones for quite some time....

I can say one thing, if I had an ex I'd want her to be just like you. LOL

John

But it was for my ex who didn't have a working PayPal account and that's all the seller takes.
I have bought stuff from ebay for my husband before. His paypal account got hacked to the tune of over $1K in charges that ended up on his credit card. Had to dispute with the bank, get a statement notarized and all that crapola, so he cancelled his paypal. Luckily I haven't had any issues with mine yet, knock on wood.

Top Bottom