Cannot keep my hands of this thing!

Tantal

Reaction score
OK, this is not a call for help or anything, just wanted to mention what the title says.

I cannot keep myself from picking up my uke and playing. I have never been like this with anything before. It is sitting on its stand next to me in my home office, and whenever I am saving a big file or have a few min waiting on the computer to do something, I find myself picking it up and playing a few chords. I even find myself watching TV with it and strumming with muted strings or practicing hard chords progressions (for a total noob like me that means barre chords) during commercials...

I am totally addicted, but I find it is a good addiction :) At least I learn something fun from it.

From someone who used to waste a lot of time playing video games, I find this a good thing, at least I am acquiring a skill from this hobby and it brings me to a different state of mind than my work (which is in the gaming industry).

I am totally grateful to have discovered this instrument, and only wish I would have started on this when I was younger. I am also very fortunate that this instrument seems to bring together people who are helpful, positive and fun into great communities like this one (<3 UU Forums).

Enough gushing from me. I was wondering if it is like this for anyone else :)

OK, this is not a call for help or anything, just wanted to mention what the title says.

I cannot keep myself from picking up my uke and playing. I have never been like this with anything before. It is sitting on its stand next to me in my home office, and whenever I am saving a big file or have a few min waiting on the computer to do something, I find myself picking it up and playing a few chords. I even find myself watching TV with it and strumming with muted strings or practicing hard chords progressions (for a total noob like me that means barre chords) during commercials...

I am totally addicted, but I find it is a good addiction :) At least I learn something fun from it.

From someone who used to waste a lot of time playing video games, I find this a good thing, at least I am acquiring a skill from this hobby and it brings me to a different state of mind than my work (which is in the gaming industry).

I am totally grateful to have discovered this instrument, and only wish I would have started on this when I was younger. I am also very fortunate that this instrument seems to bring together people who are helpful, positive and fun into great communities like this one (<3 UU Forums).

Enough gushing from me. I was wondering if it is like this for anyone else :)

Just Wait....SOON you will end up like me! :: preeecciiiiious! ::

Ditto......

Yup! I find TV programs without advertisements annoying because the advertisements give me my 3 minutes of strumming without muting the strings.

Last edited:
Careful, you'll go blind!

I'm not blind... but I am wearing glassess...

When I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about playing it. Like now:)
DAP

yep! Maybe my playing will improve because of it.

I missed hot yoga today because I was playing.

I've been the exact same way with mine. I've had it two weeks today and can't seem to go more than a few hours without picking it up...

I want what you guys got. I'm thinking/reading/tuning more than playing at this point, but it's still fun and I think I'm on my way...

If I'm home and awake, I generally have a uke in my hand, or at least on my lap or on a stand near me. It drives my wife nuts when I strum with muted strings during the rare times when we watch TV, even though the last time she asked me not to do it, I pointed out that I was making less noise than our dogs with their bones. That got me quite the look, let me tell you!
When I'm NOT at home, I think about my ukes, other people's ukes, ukes I want to buy, play, possess. I sometimes catch myself practicing fan strokes on my thigh, which somehow seems very very wrong!

Aloha Tantal,
Yup, were all in the same boat here...having fun and definetly hooked for sure!! Happy Strummings..MM Stan

i love it guy! dont become like me and put down the uke because you "didnt have time". theres always time.

Top Bottom