Recording sound and vision...

agroupuk

Reaction score
Hey all,

Another question (yes I am full of em)

If I wanted to make a uke vid for YouTube how would I go about it?
What I mean is I have 2 pc's but only an xbox 360 camera that works on the pc and no mic.

What would I need (keeping costs within reason) software wise and also recommendations for hardware.

Go with the assumption that I have a non elctric uke so need a mic or mic/camera combo, some sort of software to record it and some sort of software to possible layer audio/video on the finished product.

Any help apreciated.

(P.S. I was considering hardware wise going with a cheapish usb condenser mic for around £70 - £100 and just using the xbox cam even tho its picture quality is shocking. Still no idea on software - Windows movie make sucks for anything less than uber basic)

Thanks in advance!

Edd

is the xbox 360 cam connected to the computer??
what kind of computer do you have?

yes, the cam is on the computer and I have 3 pc's .

I will probably use the standard dell desktop as it has a creative sb-xfi card with a few more inputs that my laptops. 3gig of memory and a fair chucnk of hd space. Should be fine :)

well if you want to go really really cheap you could just get a computer microphone for about 10usd, 5euros. then you could have money to get a video making software (unless you already have one) but if you are willing to spend the money sure, go for the usb condenser... hope that helped

Well, im using this laptop. i dont have a video recorder. Theres a web cam on the laptop but no mic.

How i record my youtube video?

I have this old cannon 4mega pixel camera
I just use the record function on that. Then its saved straight to the storage card. i then take the card and whack it in my laptop then upload!

no editing no nothing.
Although im saving on buying a a Mac and also a decent quality Video Recorder.

thats how i do it

:music:

Hmm yes I had a brain fart. By vision I meant video.

:)

Hahah :)

The 4 string thing applies to me - 6 strings and I get noise - your own mileage may vary lol

Top Bottom