Any thoughts on BadAax?

ziggyfry

Reaction score
Hey all! I've got a question. I first asked this on yahoo answers (for some reason it seemed like a good idea at the time haha). I decided to go a better route, and promptly signed up here. I hope nobody minds if I just copy and paste what I asked there.

I bought my first ukulele a week ago or so. I suppose I fell in love with it after the first few chords. The ukulele I bought was a basic "BadAax Soprano Ukulele", which set me back a whopping $27 haha. While I love the instrument, the quality of this particular one is exactly what you'd expect for $27, and the sound isn't something particularly pleasant to listen to.

So I'm getting a new one! My problem is that the only way I have to buy it is with a gift card for newegg.com (which is a computer parts website). There is very little selection, and the only soprano ukuleles they have are made by BadAax.

It's a "BadAax Solid Mahogany Soprano Ukulele"

Link - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

I'm having an impossible time trying to find any kind of reviews on this models, let alone this brand (other than the reviews of parents who bought their kids the $27 model and spoke of it as if it was the best uke out there).

Has anyone ever heard anything about this brand? It seems to be a kind of no-name brand, so I'm a bit weary.

Sin.Ziggy.

Edit: I suppose this should have gone in "Buying Tips", so sorry about that!

Aloha Ziggy,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and the ukulele....sorry to hear about the Bad axe...you should have known by it name...it's a bad axe..I'd try a Mahalo or Lanikai from MGM as they are good enty
level ukes and Mgm Has one of the best reputation for set ups and customer service....I don't think you'd pay more than 50 bucks..Happy Strummings and Good Luck!! MM Stan

I looked at the link, and saw that they sell at least one Lanikai uke. That would certainly be better, if you can afford it.

Yes, sell the gift card and contact MGM. Get a Makala Soprano or a Makala Dolphin costs about $50. Comes with aquila strings , all set up and ready to go. Most importantly, it will play AND sound like a ukulele!

I looked at the link, and saw that they sell at least one Lanikai uke. That would certainly be better, if you can afford it.

Looks like they sell a Lanikai LU-21T. This will definitely be better than the BadAax. I've played a few LU-21T...some of them could do with a minor setup but most are pretty decent right out of the box.

My problem is that the only way I have to buy it is with a gift card for newegg.com (which is a computer parts website). There is very little selection, and the only soprano ukuleles they have are made by BadAax.

The Lanikai they have is a tenor. OP apparently wants a soprano.

Top Bottom