new uke coming :]

chris3794

Reaction score
sooo. i recently purchased this koa pili koko uke from someone on ebay. do you think it was worth the 215 dollars? it looks a lot like koa to me :]

some pictures the seller sent me are attached.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 41
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 27
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 43
sooo. i recently purchased this koa pili koko uke from someone on ebay. do you think it was worth the 215 dollars? it looks a lot like koa to me :]

some pictures the seller sent me are attached.

I have a KPK concert myself with worth brown strings on it. It rings really clearly. Clearer than my KoAloha tenor i must say.

Aloha Chris3794,
I have had 2 Koa Pili Koko's and they are the biggest secret bang for the buck...usually their intonation is spot on up and down the neck and they sound sweet....Actually they were both
designed Bu KC moore of hawaii ...He sold the KPK to a chinese company and from the neck down they are absoulety almost the same....except the KPK is Acarcia and the Keli'i is Koa ..
To me, the Acarcia is just as beautiful as koa because it is a relative of koa and has the same charatheristics ... think you got a deal, you sound sold too...mine came with a free gig bag.
the new ones, now you have a choice of worth or Aquila strings and a upgraded saddle too...Happy Strummings, MM Stan...

Congrats!! That is a sweet looking uke!!! Did you receive it yet? If so, how does it play and sound?

I have a KPK concert myself with worth brown strings on it. It rings really clearly. Clearer than my KoAloha tenor i must say.

Have you switched out the T2s with the Worth Clears I included? The Worth Clears sound much better on the KoAloha than the T2s do!!!

I just purchased a KPK too, and love it. You asked if we thought you paid a fair price. Yes if it is a tenor, too high if it is a concert or soprano, both of those should be under $200. My bet is it is the same guy that I got mine from. He gives good customer service. I don't think you will be sorry. They do have a reputation for cracking so if you live in a dry climate make sure you have a humidifier.
Roxhum

Congrats! I hope you got a good deal, and may it serve you well.

If it sounds as good as it looks, you win:)
DAP

Aloha Chris3794,
I purchased a KPK deluxe tenor a month ago and absolutely love it. The warm tones were what I was looking for. The price indicates the same uke as mine which I know you'll love. Looking to get a concert model next................BO..............

Hi Chris,

It is a lovely uke. I just purchased 2 deluxe sopranos as well for myself and my daughter, waiting to for it to get delivered Monday. Enjoy!

Aloha, Camille

Top Bottom