Does anyone on here make and sell cigar box ukes?

Ken Swagger

Reaction score
I really want one. I'd like to try to build one, but I have no tools, woodworking experience, or any real handyman aptitude. If I were to build one can anyone recommend where to find cigar boxes and plans? If I wanted to order one for not a ridiculous amount of money, does anyone have suggestions?

I really want one. I'd like to try to build one, but I have no tools, woodworking experience, or any real handyman aptitude. If I were to build one can anyone recommend where to find cigar boxes and plans? If I wanted to order one for not a ridiculous amount of money, does anyone have suggestions?

hi Ken

There's one in the UU marketplace RIGHT NOW!!!! One Of Tom Guy's lovely tenor cigar box ukes. His build name is BluegrassUkes. PM him...

If you want to buy one rather than make it your self, you absolutely cannot go wrong with Tom Guy's work.

If you want to try to make one yourself, Musicmakers.com sells a very simple kit which, while it doesn't make the greatest instrument, is a good introduction to ukulele building. I've recently had some of my students build them in the classroom.

Alternative, for something a little more challenging, you could buy a neck from MainlandUKuleles and find a cigar box to attach it to.

Top Bottom