D'Addario J92 Concert Strings

pulelehua

Reaction score
Have a new ukulele, and am in the midst of a new string marriage quest. I think it has a lot of opening up to do, so this will all likely be moot in a year, but in the meantime...

Experiences? Opinions?

Thanks.

Pretty sure I have used them. I don't use them any more. Not really anything wrong with them just liked other strings better. The way I see it thoug strings are like ukes some people will like A and some will like B. All preferences.

I've used the J71's which is derived from the Pro Arte J46 (High Tension) string set. The J92's are from the J45 (Normal Tension) Pro Arte string set. I like the tone, feel and playability of those strings on my uke. As dnewton mentioned, while I may favor this string set others may not. Take into consideration instrument build and tonewood combo, also the sound you want to achieve. You may have to try different string sets or piece together some strings to achieve gratification or you may just luck out by trying one set, who knows? Really comes down to personal preference. See this FYI . . .

I've never gotten the combo of my fingers, any uke I've ever had, and the D'Addario strings to work. I can tell they're good strings, but I can't use 'em.

I've tried a few different sets as well. But plenty of great players use 'em.

Top Bottom