Makala Dolphin vs. Soprano

brUKEman

Reaction score
I recently played a Makala Dolphin and the size of the frets felt very small. Are the frets the same size as on regular soprano.

We have two Dolphins and several other sopranos, and I don't notice much difference in the frets. But I don't really play the soprano's very often.

THe scale length should be exactly the same- if you feel cramped, might want to try a concert scale

what do you mean by size? The height of the frets or the width or length or something else? I think they were the same as the other brands pretty much. The makala dolphin is a regular soprano. Maybe you were used to a concert?

what do you mean by size? The height of the frets or the width or length or something else? I think they were the same as the other brands pretty much. The makala dolphin is a regular soprano. Maybe you were used to a concert?

Yes, that might be the problem.

So true, when I switch from my Tenor to my Dolphin I have to watch the fret board to hit my chords right.

Top Bottom